atcomsystems.ca/forum
Our Secertary is reporting that she is getting a loud squelch/screech/pitch in her handset randomly every 4th or 6th call. I have not gotten any other reports from other users.

it is not a fax tone or modem tone.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
What does the display read when the call comes in that screeches? Is it a direct call, transferred from AA? After the screech is the caller still on the line? You might have caller ID enabled from telco but not on the CIX/DK.
the display will read normal and it is always an outside call. After the screech the caller is still on the line.
I agree with phonemeister, the screech she is hearing is the burst of data for caller ID. Either program your switch for caller ID, have your dial tone provider stop sending it, or tell your secretary to slow down and not answer the phone until it rings at least twice.
how do i enable it on the system? i always thought it was weird that we never had caller ID and could not see who was calling unless they were w/in the company...so maybe we have it and it was never programmed...
Prog 313.
Trunks - Assignments - Caller ID tab
i have to admit i'm a novis where do i find prog 313? estrata manager?

Thanks,
I will put money on it being an Alram panel

Test this by calling. Let it ring only 1 time. Hang up, then call back.

Then call your alarm company and have them put the alarm on line other then line 1.

If both the reception and the caller hears the sounds, then they also did not wire the line correctly for line seisure.
i will check this out. thanks!

she did say that she hears the high pitch sound and the caller hears static. when it does happen.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help