atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: familyinc DK40i Expansion cards - 03/31/11 08:28 AM
I have a DK40i with an expansion cabinet, it currently has these PCBs:

Base cabinet - TCOU1A
Exp S04 - PDKU2
Exp S05 - KCDU1
Exp S06 - PIOUS2
Exp S07 - empty

So, we currently have 24 ports, 12 from the base, 8 from the PDKU2, and 4 from the KCDU1

We don't need the extra CO lines from the KCDU and would prefer to get 4 more ports. From my reading it seems like I should be able to swap the KCDU for a second PDKU2.

I would like to just pull the KCDU and swap a second PDKU2 into S05, is this kosher?
Posted By: BobRobert Re: DK40i Expansion cards - 03/31/11 08:43 AM
That combo would work along with others. There can be a maximum of 28 stations (24 digital).
Posted By: familyinc Re: DK40i Expansion cards - 03/31/11 09:58 AM
Oh man, I never realized that it was 24 digital stations. Looking in the General Description document for the 40i, it shows up to 28 DKT phones, which I thought required digital stations. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your time.
Posted By: BobRobert Re: DK40i Expansion cards - 03/31/11 11:10 AM
I just checked my documentation and you are correct - a maximum of 28 digital keysets.
Sorry for the misinformation.

Replacing the KCDU with a PDKU would work fine giving you a total of 28 station ports if you have a KSTU card installed in the base cabinet. Adding an additional KCDU would also work.
Posted By: familyinc Re: DK40i Expansion cards - 03/31/11 11:21 AM
No problem. Thanks again! I'm going to have to check, but I'm fairly sure you're right about having a KSTU. The PCB markings in the base cabinet are a lot harder to find/see.
Posted By: familyinc Re: DK40i Expansion cards - 03/31/11 11:36 AM
Yep, the KSTU's four analog lines are used for VM, which leads to my next question, but that's for another thread.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help