atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: spyder1125 Add Intercom/Page to CIX670 System - 04/11/11 08:06 AM
Hello I have a CIX670 system, and 2 phones (DKT-2020S) would like to have intercom buttons set-up on their keysets that intercom into individual extensions, with the intercom going through even if the person at the other extension is on the phone.

For example:
Secretary at x353 needs the ability to intercom x210 and x250.

How do I set this up using the eManager v5.2 software?

Also, on a question regarding the intercom, is there a way to have some sort of tone or beep played or a display light shown on the receiving extension that intercom is active, that way eavesdropping is not an issue?

Thank you kindly in advance.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Add Intercom/Page to CIX670 System - 04/11/11 10:11 AM
Turn on OCA, either speaker or handset. Both by default will have a splash tone.
Posted By: spyder1125 Re: Add Intercom/Page to CIX670 System - 04/12/11 08:41 AM
Thank you for your reply. Can you kindly provide where I would enable this feature? I looked through the Station assignments in the emanage software and all the button directories, but do not see this option.

Thanks again.
Posted By: spyder1125 Re: Add Intercom/Page to CIX670 System - 04/12/11 09:16 AM
Ok, sorry, I was only lookin in the Key tab for this, I found in the Basic tab:

33 Originate OCA Set to Enable Already
32 Auto OCA was Disabled, I Enabled it

In the DKT tab:

06 OCA Type set to Handset, am I changing this to speaker? If so, which ones, the sending extensions of the intercom, the receiving end, or both?

Also, after these options are enabled, how do the users actually perform the intercom page to those extensions, how do I program a Key Assignment on those phones?

Thank you, sorry for all the questions, I'm learning...
Posted By: spyder1125 Re: Add Intercom/Page to CIX670 System - 04/12/11 09:26 AM
Also to elaborate on what I need to be able to do, secretaries at extensions 353 and 301 currently have several other extensions on their keys programmed, which they answer. When they receive a call on another extension, say 210, they answer, then they would like to intercom/page x210 to see if they would like to transfer the call to them, or send it to their voicemail. What are the steps for all of this to take place?

Thank you.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Add Intercom/Page to CIX670 System - 04/12/11 01:51 PM
Do the handsets have either Pool line keys or GCO keys setup on them?

If so change the extns to "Terminal Mode" in DKTP204 and enable call button jumping in system data P105.

This will enable you to ring their PDN whilst they are talking on the line keys and they will receive call camp on tones to their handset.

Just make sure the same pool line or GCO value is also programmed in the OLG and ILG for the lines.
Posted By: spyder1125 Re: Add Intercom/Page to CIX670 System - 04/12/11 09:24 PM
Carl,

Thank you for your reply, I'm not sure how they are setup. I can tell you that each phone has 2 extensions assigned to the keys, one is the actual extension, the other is the extension with a 1 before it. For example, x 123 also has x1123 assigned to it, along with a button the phone, i believe it's called a phantom. Also, any phone that has other extensions assigned to the keys, also has both listed.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Add Intercom/Page to CIX670 System - 04/12/11 10:03 PM
Looks like someone has donethe Multiple DN Wizard creating 2 PDN keys so that they can receive multiple internl calls at the same time.

I would check to see if the extns are in terminal mode or line mode as well.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help