atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: turbogizzmo SIP license requirements and settings - 06/27/11 10:38 AM
First off great forum and resource!

I am getting mixed messages on what licenses I need to have to run a soft phone.

I am testing with X-Lite but I just get a 404 on connecting to our CIX670. I have 10 IP end Point license and only 4 in use. I was told the Softphone licenses are for the Toshiba softphones but not for other SIP devices.

I know programming the Toshiba IP5000 phone takes about 10secs and they connect fine.

Any tips?
Posted By: Voyager Re: SIP license requirements and settings - 06/27/11 11:09 AM
First off, What is the software version in the system and MIPU card?

For a standard SIP extension all you need is an IP end point license. I just hooked one up last week.
MIPU = MIPU01_28DA200 <--- found that in IPU Config

Where do I grab the system software version? Equipment Version....AR5.20 MT037.00

Thanks!
Posted By: Voyager Re: SIP license requirements and settings - 06/27/11 12:04 PM
That's it...
Voyager what SIP device did you setup and what steps did you use to get it working?
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: SIP license requirements and settings - 06/27/11 03:10 PM
turbogizzmo, have you created a SIP extn or an IPT for the extn you are testing.

I have used various SIP softphones and as Voyager has said all you need to an available port on the MIPU and an IP endpoint license, the extn MUST be created as SIP and not IPT extn.

The Toshiba Softphone uses a softphone license, an IP endpoint and a spare port on the MIPU, it also has to be created as an IPT extn.

There is a earlier post regarding SIP handsets and softphones look here
Posted By: Voyager Re: SIP license requirements and settings - 06/27/11 03:31 PM
I installed a Polycom IP6000 Conference phone. Once it got an IP address (DHCP) I was able to log into the web admin and configure the phone. Set the first proxy to the MIPU address and the Server to the MIPU address, assign the extn you created in emanager and it came right up. Very easy.
dont forget to put the cab and slot of the mipu in equipment number, you cant leave it at 0000
Originally posted by Carlos#1:
license, the extn MUST be created as SIP and not IPT extn.
I think this is the key i am missing.....now to see if i can convert one of our pre-setup IPTs to SIP....cant be as easy as just changing "type" in Station Assignments.....or can it? I will test after hours.
Thanks for the bread crumbs! 20 more minutes and I can play errr test it out.
Originally posted by www.telcom1.net:
dont forget to put the cab and slot of the mipu in equipment number, you cant leave it at 0000
Ugh I can never keep the cab and slot straight for some reason it always seems so backwards to me......
you cant just change the station type, just delete and build it from scratch
Originally posted by www.telcom1.net:
you cant just change the station type, just delete and build it from scratch
w00t!!! Well we are connected, but I get that call cannot be completed as dialed sound when i try to dial out even with dialing internal extensions...but i am getting closer!
Originally posted by Carlos#1:

you need to an available port on the MIPU
I might be hitting this port thing now....would this be SIP Trunking Channels? I see under licensing we are using 16 of 16.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: SIP license requirements and settings - 06/27/11 08:02 PM
It is not SIP trunks because you are trying to connect a SIP extn so it will be using IP endpoint licenses.

If you go to IP telephony/ MIPu configuration and click on the slot of the MIPU card on the right it will tell you how many ports are available in P161 FB09.
Holy Mary Mother of the Phone System! I found the flag to switch from using a server IP and to use a proxy in the soft IP software...and i am working!

Awesome work everyone, Thanks! Virtual beers for everyone!

Is SIP more reliable than the Toshiba IP5000 phones?
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: SIP license requirements and settings - 06/28/11 03:00 PM
IP5000 handsets are no more reliable than a SIP handset it is just that they are more integral to the system with programmable keys and the exact functionality of a digital handset.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help