atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: miredian LVMU 3 second lag time until "thank you..." - 07/23/11 10:34 AM
My LVMU answers and 3 seconds of dead-air before it says "Thank you for calling". I beleive this delay is why my msg lights do not operate correctly. Can I reset the LVMU to fix or is it a setting i'm missing???
That is typically how the voicemail works when the voicemail is set as DTMF instead of SMDI. SMDI integration is very quick, but woth DTMF the lag or pause is when the voicemail is waiting for the PBX to send the information about the call with DTMF digits. The MSG light also sounds like an SMDI integration problem.

The LVMU should be set as SMDI. You may want to check to make sure the PBX type has an S at the end. I thought that is how the card is set as default, like the GVPH. Also check the VM ports are set as SMDI on the CIX, as mentioned in another message thread.

You could run Plug and Play setup to reset it. This doens't really completely reset it. It just sets up the integration fir the PBX type.

And just to check, the card is assigned as an LVMU, not an RSTU/IVP8 right?
Originally posted by newtecky:

The LVMU should be set as SMDI. You may want to check to make sure the PBX type has an S at the end. I thought that is how the card is set as default, like the GVPH. Also check the VM ports are set as SMDI on the CIX, as mentioned in another message thread.

And just to check, the card is assigned as an LVMU, not an RSTU/IVP8 right?
My PBX is CIX100 ACTU AR5.20 MT052.00 I don't see "S" on it at all - just ACTU3A stamped and the cix info on Prog#901 The Record button works fine, would that indicate SMDI is working?? The message light take 8 second to cancel via VM after playing message and hangup.
Yeah!... I got it to work. THANK you EVER so much Newtecky! I never thought that a Rel 3 processor would NOT have SMDI but i got one! LOL I reloaded the LVMU with cix NON-smdi plug and play settings and it works now. I've disabled smdi in the CIX vm port control and enabled inband/dtmf and seems to be working now. This has added to my loss of technology I thought Toshiba would have mastered by now.. That Telrad is a better system than i ever gave it credit for!
Toshiba has 'mastered' SMDI. It works on all of the Stratagy VM systems all the way back to the DK card.

Every processor supports SMDI integration. All you did was put a band-aid on it. You have just reversed the Toshiba default configuration for the LVMU. It is designed to use SMDI.

The 's' he was talking about is in the LVMU configuration, not the processor.

I'm glad it works for you.
Originally posted by Voyager:

Every processor supports SMDI integration. All you did was put a band-aid on it. You have just reversed the Toshiba default configuration for the LVMU. It is designed to use SMDI.

The 's' he was talking about is in the LVMU configuration, not the processor.
Yes, this is the 'S' I was talking about, in the LVMU configuration. Sorry I was not more clear. The systems will work as DTMF, but you will still have a bit longer of a delay, plus if you have caller ID, this infor will not pass to the voicemail.

The LVMYU has the SMDI integration through the backplane, unlike the other voicemail systems that needed a cabled between the proessor the voicemail. The CIX processor is current and supports the LVMU.

There was something wrong with the integration with either the CIX, or the LVMU. SMDI should have been on by default in the LVMU, but it sounded like it was expecting DTMF.

I too am glad you got it working, but it if was my install, I think I would try to get it working with the SMDI integration, depending on your schedule. If SMDI just does not work, even with all the settings correct, then I would thing a new system would be under warrantee and could be returned. Before getting to that point, a call to Toshiba tech support would be needed.
I'll look into this as the system isn't going 'on-line' until September. I thought the S was part of the product model. I will run thru all the setup programs again and verify using SMDI plug-n-play again.
You mentioned call record? If you've downgraded to DTMF integration call record will not work.
Are you talking about a delay in answer for a main greeting or for mailbox user access?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help