atcomsystems.ca/forum
Ok, here's a good one! A user wanted to know how to call fwd her ext to her cell number, no big deal. I did it personally once and she cancelled it upon returning. Well then I took vacation for a week and a couple people attempted to do it again. My co-worker said nothing happened when he tried to do it, but I followed the same instructions (on my own phone to my cell) and it toned perfectly and worked as it was supposed to. Here is the problem, somehow her cell is getting calls for the office. She said they were replying to the caller ID and getting her cell so I was going in that direction until I finally replicated the problem. The front desk has 12 POTS lines. If I return a call from the outside to one of the specific trunk numbers and it's in use, it won't roll to the next line like it's supposed to and goes to her cell. For example, line 4 is in use. I call line 4's direct number from my cell and it doesn't go to line 5 and goes to her cell. Line 1 is internal to our phone system and needs 9 to dial out, but lines 2-12 are like live lines (no 9 to dial out, so it won't take #codes either)
If I do the same test internally, it will roll over to the next line just fine and not go to her cell. Where would I look in Emanager to fix this?
turns out she dialed 9 to get outside and then did the home fowarding technique of *72 (or whatever it was) to forward the outside lines. After it didn't properly work, she did it a few more times for good measure and forwarded at least 3 or 4 of our 12 lines. Fun stuff!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help