atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: miredian DSS via StrataNET on twin CTX100's - 08/03/11 01:14 PM
Hey all - Thanks for all the support so far smile
Question:
Can I have simple DSS appearence on one CTX100 unit showing the station status on another CTX100 via our VPN network they are both connected to?

Equipment: 1x CIX100 Rel3 1x CTX100 Rel3
Station cards and RCOU cards only - no IP cards

What would it take if it's possible (hardware)?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: DSS via StrataNET on twin CTX100's - 08/03/11 02:34 PM
Yes, if you have a Stratanet license for both CIXs.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: DSS via StrataNET on twin CTX100's - 08/03/11 04:16 PM
He stated no IP card, you will need IP card
Posted By: phonemeister Re: DSS via StrataNET on twin CTX100's - 08/03/11 04:22 PM
You don't need the IP card. The network DSS info is done via the processors' NIC when you define it in the I/O devices. The xIPU does not control DSS info. That's why you can have Stratanet using xPTU cards and still have network DSS. In the OP's case, it's not clear whether he has Stratanet via PRI or no Stratanet at all. If no Stratanet calling, the DSS keys are only good as BLF buttons.
Posted By: miredian Re: DSS via StrataNET on twin CTX100's - 08/04/11 04:18 AM
I do not have stratanet setup. BLF for ext.'s at other ctx location would be just perfect. I have them both on a vpn network and emanger5.2 but having just installed the second system, i've had the thought of how possible it is to have the main system show blf for other system ext.
I don't know anything about stratanet.....Yet smile
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: DSS via StrataNET on twin CTX100's - 08/04/11 04:03 PM
IP Stratanet licenses in both systems and 5 mins to setup and you will have what you are after.
Posted By: miredian Re: DSS via StrataNET on twin CTX100's - 08/05/11 03:48 AM
Great! I will talk to my license guy about that. I would like to add that to our new system. Thank you again, I would be using string and cans without this forum.
Posted By: miredian Re: DSS via StrataNET on twin CTX100's - 08/05/11 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Carlos#1:
IP Stratanet licenses in both systems and 5 mins to setup and you will have what you are after.
Is there any consideration I should make for duplicate ext. numbers between the two CTX100's? I can avoid that now, before the new main system goes into action next month. Otherwise, my main ctx has the same ext no.'s for voicemail as my office dkt ext's on satellite ctx..
Posted By: phonemeister Re: DSS via StrataNET on twin CTX100's - 08/05/11 12:50 PM
You'd have fewer headaches if the extension numbers don't appear in two places.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help