atcomsystems.ca/forum
We had our Toshiba IES32 VM go out, and i had only the "Database" folder backed up from the old system - so when i set up the new one - of course i did not change anything on the ctx side of the system.

Once i transferred the database folder to the new IES32, all the greetings are still in place, except all the mailbox information is gone (no big deal, i can type the users in, and the users can go through the setup tutorial) and the new messages are going into their new mailbox with no problem.

My question is this: when i dial 295 from the phone, it acts like as if i am dialing from the outside in.. it doesnt recognize that i am dialing from the actual phone.. normal operation was that i dialed 295, and it asked for my security code, and went on to tell my messages.

2nd question is that the "Msg" light is not turning on on the phone to notify me that i have a new message.

(i assume both are related).

Im a bit of a newbie on this system, but i am familiar with phone systems. I am assuming it is in the sys parameters or setting up the ports. If someone can tell me the steps - i would much appreciate it!
Part of the database is stored in the registry. So, copying the "Database" folder alone will not fully restore the database. You will need to input the IP address of the CIX under the configuration-->Telephone system using Stratagy Admin. Also make sure the extension numbers are defined in the Voice Ports under the same Configuration menu. Then restart the Stratagy.
Thank you for helping! I am a little lost on where to put the IP of the CIX in the admin software of the VM.

I am in the Stratagy Administrator and i went to>top menu>[Configuration]>[Telephone System Integration]> But now i cant find where to put in the IP. I couldn't find one called "Telephone system using Stratagy Admin" or anything similar.
You know, i was just thinking about this.. and i have a full backup of the registry of the OS on the old ies32 .. what part in particular do i need to restore all the mailbox and connection data?
You have to be very careful not to copy the license keys within the registry from the old voicemail. If will cause the new one to not run.

In the future, use the Toshiba backup and restore utility. It will backup everyting you need including registry entries.
Don't mess with the registry from the old unit. Just do as I described. You have to scroll all the way down to see where to put the IP address of the CIX. It's probably already populated but with the default IP address from the factory.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help