atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MKEbrew Outbound Call Routing - 08/23/11 07:47 AM
I am very familiar with eManager, but am having difficulty with some logic. I need to be able to route 4 digit numbers and public numbers both out the same OLG (same PRI). The calls are routing, but when I dial a 4 digit number, there is a very long delay before the call eventually goes out the OLG.

I am not sure if I can use an LCR route plan to do this because I do not want to dial 9 before the 4 digits. This is where I am having the logic issue.

There is a PBX between the CTX670 and the Telco, and there are 4 digit extensions on that PBX. We can call the 670 from this PBX, but calling from the 670 to this PBX is where the delay comes in that I am trying to resolve. Regular outside calling works as expected.

Do I need to use Behind Centrex to make this work? Can anyone give me some pointers here? Using a TIE line is not an option because then ALL incoming calls ring the PBX as if there were internal.

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Outbound Call Routing - 08/23/11 09:34 AM
You can try adding 4XXX to the dialing plan. Or try dialing the extension number followed by a pound and see if that works.
Posted By: MKEbrew Re: Outbound Call Routing - 08/23/11 12:08 PM
Where would I add this to the dial plan? I see "Public Dial Plan Digit Analysis", but if I put it there, I still have to dial 9 -- which means that any numbers that are dialed beginning with 4 would begin connecting the call when 4 digits are entered.

Example: dialing 9,490-1234 would actually try calling 4901.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Outbound Call Routing - 08/23/11 12:37 PM
Prog 117. Just add 4XXX to whatever's there and try it. I'm not saying it will work, but it's worth a try. If it doesn't work, you can remove it.
Posted By: MKEbrew Re: Outbound Call Routing - 08/23/11 01:05 PM
Yep, that was program 117 in eManager Version 4.20A06.

I appreciate the idea for sure. You have helped me more than once, as well.

I think I am going to have to try to manipulate the number via LCR somehow. I'm also still wondering if Behind Centrex would help, but I can't find enough info on what that changes for my OLG.

Program 650 and just enabling 01 Behind Centrex for my single OLG.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Outbound Call Routing - 08/23/11 02:58 PM
Are you dialing a 9 for all outbound calls? Even for the 4XXX extensions? Describe how you dial the 4XXX extensions. You pick up the handset and then what do you do next?
Posted By: MKEbrew Re: Outbound Call Routing - 08/24/11 07:13 AM
I have 48xx extensions on the 670 and 49xx extensions on the other PBX. From my DKT3020, for outbound calls, we dial 9 to access an outside line and then the 7 or 11 digit outside number. I'd like to be able to call the 49xx extensions by just dialing 49xx, as if it were an extension on the 670.
Posted By: RNA Re: Outbound Call Routing - 12/18/15 07:30 PM
I'm interested to know you found out about Program 650 and just enabling 01 Behind Centrex. Does that add a 9 to everything in the OLG?
Posted By: RNA Re: Outbound Call Routing - 12/18/15 08:00 PM
I'm interested to know you found out about Program 650 and just enabling 01 Behind Centrex. Does that add a 9 to everything in the OLG?
Posted By: newtecky Re: Outbound Call Routing - 12/19/15 03:32 AM
No. It does not add a 9 to the call

If the customer uses 9 to make an outside call (LCR) you can modify the LCR table to automatically insert a 9, so the user wll only need to dial one 9 instead of 2.

If the customer selects a line directly or uses a pooled line key, then they have to dial the 9 for Centrex lines.

Also with Centrex you have to modify the emergency number 9911 instead of 911. I already had to service a site that could not dial 911.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help