atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Leo-JBI Voicemail not picking up - 08/23/11 04:04 PM
Hello,

I am using Toshiba CTX system with the Stratagy ES & eManager software. My question is I have one reported extension that is not picking up voicemail. Meaning callers ring endlessly and never make it to the voicemail greeting. Where do I go to check this and assign the rings before pick up?

Please advise
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: Voicemail not picking up - 08/23/11 04:24 PM
Normally you'd assign system call forwarding, then for that extention, specify the system call forwarding you want to use in Station Assignments/Basic #12.

I generally pre-load system call forward #1 with BNA to VM, and #2 with NA to VM... that way I just assign all phones to system call forward #1, and if someone wants calls to ring to a secondary phantom while they're on the phone, switch 'em to system call forward #2.

The timing is generally set for all the phones, and can be found in System Timer - #8.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Voicemail not picking up - 08/23/11 06:10 PM
Also, what fixes a lot of problems for me when an extension that was working, stops working, have the user press the intercom key and enter #620.
Posted By: WiringSolutions Re: Voicemail not picking up - 08/23/11 08:49 PM
You could also set a user level CF-BNA to the VM Pilot. I have some customers that don't want SCF used so the user can set their own CF but sometimes that setting gets lost, that's when they call up for instructions on setting their CF again.

You should be able to set it with #6041+pilot+#+rings til forward in seconds.

Just an option, cheers
Posted By: Leo-JBI Re: Voicemail not picking up - 08/24/11 10:43 AM
THANK YOU! Everyone!

Fortunately, the simple solution worked for me (intercom & #620). The system is set up to forward to voicemail after four rings which sufficed in this case. However, I have some users that are slow to pick up and want the amount of rings customized.

The suggestions appear to be commands entered at the phone console? Are there settings I can change within my eManager or Stratagy ES Admin programs?

Also, any quick explanations on the difference between these two applications will be very helpful. I am a Network Admin that came from a Nortel shop. Therefore, all this is new.

Again, Thank You!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help