atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: miredian DISA line between office locations - 09/07/11 12:19 PM
I've got 2 CTX100's and a c.o. at each as a "DISA". I would like to have them under a pool key and labeled "Intercom" when they press that pool key, have it dial direct to other office DISA CO. What is the best way to 'button' this on the phone? A pool key with ringdown? Is a ringdown available on a pool key (pool key containing the inbound DISA and outgoing CO to other office DISA)So, when active, the line light is red to other phones.
Any Thoughts??
Posted By: phonemeister Re: DISA line between office locations - 09/07/11 12:43 PM
Do you have a tie line between the two sites? A DISA line could be any type of trunk and not necessarily a tie line between two nodes. The ring-down applies to a station circuit and not a trunk so you can't ring-down to a station from a line appearance like a pool key. The best way to network the two sites is to use Toshiba's Stratanet.
Posted By: miredian Re: DISA line between office locations - 09/07/11 06:45 PM
I do not have a tie line. I have an odd-line at both locations that I assigned DISA on both units, one disa inbound per unit. Now that the system is running and everyone is very happy - I wanted to try having a simple system between the offices before I delve into the world of expensive stratanet
components and licensing.
Posted By: newtecky Re: DISA line between office locations - 09/08/11 05:04 PM
On touch key maybe?
Posted By: miredian Re: DISA line between office locations - 09/08/11 05:25 PM
That's what I was thinking Newtecky, but I was hoping to show line activity with the button light. Can you (and i think this sounds far fetched) program the l.e.d. activity with a one touch key?

I might be trying for too much with this, I've been impressed with the new features... I was an old DK280 installer years ago and programming has come a long way....
Posted By: Ottersnose Re: DISA line between office locations - 09/09/11 01:01 AM
Is the disa line just going to ring to one extn at the opposite site? I'm a little confused by your explanation. If it's an analogue trunk set as disa then surely programming the CO button onto your handsets will give you all that functionality but without the ringdown - just dialtone from the remote switch?
Posted By: miredian Re: DISA line between office locations - 09/09/11 07:46 PM
I know I'm trying to do something that isn't possible. I've realized I can not use a disa line on a ctx to do outgoing calls on that trunk. So I'll setup a one-touch on each system to dial the other's disa line for system dialtone. This will work smile Thanks for the input on this
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help