atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi all,

I've been working out of a home office much more frequently. In an effort to reduce the quantity of phones cluttering the workspace I replaced an ATA w/ analog phone and a single-line Sipura/Linksys SPA922 with a Polycom IP 335. The IP 335 is configured like this:

Line 1 is registered to a commercial SIP provider that we use for our house.
Line 2 is registered to the CTX 100.

I can make and receive calls just fine on Line 1 (house line). On line 2 (registered on the CTX) I can call internal company extensions but I cannot call outside numbers. It seems as if the IP 335 is cutting off the input of digits after 10 digits, meaning it will drop the last 2 digits of a phone number if I input 91XXX-XXX-XXXX. To me this seems like it could be a dialplan problem but, given that I'm not a phone tech, that's just my best guess.

This is the current setting for the phone's dialplan:

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

This setting appears to affect all lines on the phone and I don't want to break the primary line in fixing the secondary...

Any other thoughts?
I have seen this before and I would think it is a dialplan issue. I am pretty sure there is a way to make it universal, so that you can dial as many digits as you need. When you pause for a few seconds (time out), the phone will know you are done pressing buttons and process the call.

I don't have an example of a universal dialplan that would allow any number of digits. Last time I had to fix this problem I just opied the dial string from a phone that worked.

The main disadvantage is that there woudl be a pause after you are done dialing, or you would dial a number and then press send.
I don't mind a delay at all, this is strictly for my personal use. Would adding extra x's to the long sets in the plan I posted work? I guess I'll try that...

EDIT: Yup, that worked! As you mentioned, when dialing on the primary line it waits until I press Dial because its still expecting two more digits (9,1). I can live with that.

Thanks!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help