atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Voyager SMDI on IVP8-R2 - 09/28/11 07:31 PM
I think it's the old age thing........I have set up lots of IVP8's for SMDI, but I can't get the one in my own house to work!

CIX100 R5.20MT052 using Serial Port2 for SMDI.
I/O Device is RS-232, 9600-8-N-1 on BSIS Port 2
VMID Code and MSG Center is set.

Plug-n-Play set for CTX100S, Base Port No. is 601. When I dial the Pilot (600) it says "Enter your Security Code". Notification is set for 3 digits.

What am I missing? The only thing it doesn't do is turn the msg lights on and off.
Posted By: newtecky Re: SMDI on IVP8-R2 - 09/28/11 10:02 PM
Since the VM seems to answer correctly, it would appear that SMDI is working. SInce you are using port 2 on the BSIS I would assume port 1 is being used for running reports on the rest of your house?

Plug and play makes me nervous sometimes. It broke a brand new IVP8 one time a few years ago.

I think I remember one time that message notification was using the wrong COM port.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: SMDI on IVP8-R2 - 09/29/11 12:41 AM
Dan, that's what you get for getting the processor off of ebay! :rofl: I had this happen to me last week. Check the Stratagy Parameters and make sure "pbx_type" is set for 100S. If not, change it and reboot.
Posted By: Voyager Re: SMDI on IVP8-R2 - 09/29/11 07:52 AM
Thanks guys. BSIS Port 1 is being used for SMDR. This voicemail card was working properly a few months ago before the iES32 (which died Yesterday). I will check the 100s setting and also change it back to BSIS port 1.
Posted By: newtecky Re: SMDI on IVP8-R2 - 09/30/11 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Voyager:
BSIS Port 1 is being used for SMDR.
I will check the 100s setting and also change it back to BSIS port 1.
I didn't think the BSIS was the problem, as long as you have a 2nd license. I was just trying to guess how port 1 was being used.

I was thinking of the notify string trying to use the wrong COM port on the srtatagy. I don't rememebr if I have seen this before. Just making guesses.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: SMDI on IVP8-R2 - 09/30/11 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Voyager:
This voicemail card was working properly a few months ago before the iES32 (which died Yesterday).
Wait, Dan, do you have a backup of the iES32? I'm assuming the hard drive failed.
Posted By: Voyager Re: SMDI on IVP8-R2 - 09/30/11 07:26 AM
I don't care about the iES backup. Its for my home and i can always rebuild it. Although it would be nice to retain the 8 ports and 30 seats of UM.

I unplugged it about three weeks ago and when I plugged it back in Wednesday, it will boot and I can get in with the Admin software. Dialed in and all acted fine. Within a minute it shutdown. Re-Booted again and same problem.
Posted By: Voyager Re: SMDI on IVP8-R2 - 10/01/11 04:47 AM
Bad news is I still can't get the notification to work on the IVP8.

Good news is the iES32 is back up and running!
Posted By: drhoser Re: SMDI on IVP8-R2 - 10/04/11 11:29 AM
I'm going to guess you checked the notify for each mailbox? I've had problems with the default notify and always end up changing the variable from %E to %U
Posted By: Voyager Re: SMDI on IVP8-R2 - 10/04/11 01:52 PM
drhoser.... I've not heard that before. I will try it next weekend.

Thanks
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help