atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cctech DK 40 auto dial buttons and ext names - 10/10/11 08:47 AM
I am trying to put auto dial buttons on the phones on a dk40. I tried using prog 39 but for some reason it is not working. Also I would like to name the exts. Does any have an idea about how this is done. Thanks
You can't store a phone number directly on a button. You can, though, program a system or station speed dial bin on a button and then program the phone number in that bin. System speed dials are entered from port 000. As for the name on the phone, it's #621. Use the # key to switch to alpha characters and the 0 key to cycle through the letters. The user guide has this information and how to enter speed dials too.
Posted By: cctech Re: DK 40 auto dial buttons and ext names - 10/10/11 09:36 AM
I have been reading through earlier posts and realize that i said the wrong thing. I need to know how to make DN buttons. Itried this in program 39 but it didn't take. Maybe I have the procedure wrong.
You mean DSS or BLF keys? It's #NNN where NNN is the port number.
Posted By: cctech Re: DK 40 auto dial buttons and ext names - 10/10/11 10:22 AM
so if i were making a dss key for ext 10, would i go into program 39 and after spkr 000# i would touch the button that i want to use and then dial #000 again for ext 10. I think i tried that and it just puts a * on the button.
Then that extension is programmed somewhere else on the phone. Look at all the buttons in prog 39. Are you using a 20 button phone? Maybe programmed on a button that you don't have..
Posted By: cctech Re: DK 40 auto dial buttons and ext names - 10/10/11 05:13 PM
Some phones are 2020's and some are 2010's. I checked all the buttons and none of them are programmed for dss buttons.
Make sure that ext.200 is programmed for a 2020 and not a 2010 in prog 38. Also make sure that you are actually programming ext 200. Prog 04 to verify port-station assignment. That's all that I can think of with regards to your problem.
Posted By: cctech Re: DK 40 auto dial buttons and ext names - 10/10/11 05:44 PM
I didn't realize that the set type must be defined in prog 38. I will have to go back and take a look at that.
Yep. I ran into this last week. Took me a little bit to figure it out. Especially when I only had a DK16 admin guide with me.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help