atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jaredsdaddio Conference Call on a SLT - 10/13/11 06:48 PM
Is it possible to initiate a Conference call from a SLT on a CIX 670? Just wondering if there was a command string you had to enter, or is the only way to initiate the call using a phone on a digital port and conference the SLT too. I have a customer that bought a fancy conference phone and they really want to initiate all the calls from it. This has me baffled, but it is not the first time....or the last I'm sure! Thanks, Jamie
Posted By: newtecky Re: Conference Call on a SLT - 10/13/11 08:51 PM
You can conference or transfer calls using the flash on an SLT. I think one polycoms the flash has a + on it.

Flash, call another party, then flash again.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Conference Call on a SLT - 10/24/11 07:10 AM
Do they have any other conferencing equipment/software in place, that they could use as a call in point (like GoToMeeting, or similar)? Even if they had a spare digital phone in the same room, that they could start the CNF from... as that's how I have set up various Polycom conference rooms before.

Initiating a call from an SLT is not the most effective way to conference when you need other parties to join, unfortunately. newtecky is right, as far as the procedure.

All the reason I wish they still made the digital full duplex speaker phones.
Posted By: Infini-Tech Re: Conference Call on a SLT - 10/24/11 09:53 PM
Originally posted by MacOSX:

All the reason I wish they still made the digital full duplex speaker phones.
DP5130-FSDL is full duplex
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Conference Call on a SLT - 10/26/11 04:58 AM
Infini-Tech - I took someone on their word the other day, who told me they didn't make those anymore... looks like I should have followed that up! Thanks, as I will look to see if they are available today.

Jaredsdaddio - I suggest getting one of those, instead of a SLT. In my opinion, for initiating and handling the call, its the easiest solution.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help