atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CCGreenValley DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/17/11 08:49 AM
Hi, my church has a Strata DK 16 system, and the Power Supply went out of it last week. We replaced the PS and somewhere along the line the back-up battery did not hold the programming. Now, I have gotten the lines to work and light up as a call comes in, but the phones do not ring. I have tried running Program 92, function 5 to reset all the ringers to midrange volume, but it still does not work.
Any help would be a blessing!
Posted By: phonemeister Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/17/11 11:44 AM
Prog 81
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/17/11 12:38 PM
You should put it on an un-interuptable power-supply due to your memory backup battery being bad or replace the backup batt. You will have to reprogram after every power failure.
Posted By: CCGreenValley Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/17/11 01:26 PM
Thanks for the reply... tried running prog. 81, and either I did not run it correctly, or it did not work.
went into prog 81 and entered station number I needed to ring, and nothing happened. It said "Date Stored" but still does not ring through on a call.
Posted By: CCGreenValley Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/17/11 01:29 PM
Alva, we have it connected to our UPS now so that this will not happen again. Will also look into the back-up replacement once we decide whether or not we're going to keep this system or upgrade soon.
Posted By: KENB Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/17/11 01:55 PM
Did you enter sta number or port number in 81

port would be 000,001,002,etc and ringing is entered by port #
Posted By: CCGreenValley Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/17/11 02:34 PM
Ken, just tried to enter in station number... went into Prog. 81, and it would not let me enter a 3 digit code, only 2.
I am very new at this (began troubleshooting last thursday...) so I appreciate everyone's help and the patience it required to put up with questions from laymen!

For the record, here is what i entered into the phone:
* -to enter prog mode.
S 81 H -to enter prog 81
Then i put in the station number and it accepted it (S 11 H). I tried to impot a port number (S 001, which may be incorrect anyway), but it only went to "00" and did not take the "1". When i pressed "H" it did nothing.
Am I doing something wrong here? Like i said, I'm very new at this adn am not sure I'm doing it right here... I do not know the port numbers and am not sure how to get them. The primary phone is ringing, but no others are- I'm trying to get our #2 phone back to ringing order.

Edited to conform to board rules.
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/17/11 02:50 PM
Okay... you're on the right track...

Now, just enter 00*15, (00-asterisk-15) then push the ten buttons on your right until they are all lit up.

This will make your first 16 extensions ring on lines 1-10.

Obviously, you can modify from there...
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/17/11 02:53 PM
P.S. As I recall, the DK16's ports were only two digits...

So normally (and this can be changed in programming) station 10 would be port 00, station 11 would be port 01, etc.

If I recall correctly, try hitting "Intercom #401 [or #402]" to see what port a phone is on. (presuming that they are LCD phones)

Hope this helps...
Posted By: CCGreenValley Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/17/11 03:01 PM
Okay, Ben, I tried this, but the ten buttons did not light up when pushed- none of them lit up. I went through with the 00*15 and stored it, then tried to call in, but it did not ring- again, the light flashed saying that there was another call coming in, but no audible ring.
We have 5 lines coming in to the church.
Posted By: CCGreenValley Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/17/11 03:19 PM
And thank you! The INT 401 and INT 402 worked to display the port assignments! That was something I was needing. I appreciate it.
Still cannot get the secondary (station 11, port 01) to ring. Tried running Prog. 81 on it and nothing. Tried everything suggested so far, and still no go. The phone worked prior to the power failure, so that should not be the issue. May wait and check a different phone in that station tomorrow.
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/17/11 03:43 PM
Go into programming, then 81, Hold, Speaker, then enter the port number, '#', now press the bottom 5 buttons on the right. They should toggle on or off as you press them. On means that line rings.

See if you can compare the phone that's working with the one that isn't.

What's different?

81 is the program for immediate ring, it wouldn't apply if your system is set for day 2 or night (if you have a night transfer key)

You could check prg 84 and 87 (day two and night, respectively.)
Posted By: phonemeister Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/17/11 11:11 PM
Run 91-9 to re-initialize the programming. By default, ext.10 will ring on incoming calls. Then go into prog 81 and put in port 00 and you will see the LEDs lit up. Make the other ports the same and you're set.
DK16 was 2 digit port numbers 00 to 15.

To make them all ring, go into programming, then:

[Sprk] 81 [Hold]

[Spkr] 00 * 15 turn on buttons from intercom up for as many lines as you have then [Hold]

[Spkr] ## [Hold]

[Spkr] ## [Hold]

All phones will now ring

If you want to do an individual phone, do this instead AFTER going into programming:

[Sprk] 81 [Hold]

[Spkr] ZZ where ZZ equals the port number then # then turn on buttons from intercom labeled button up for as many lines as you have then [Hold]

(Ext 10 = port 00,
(ext 11 = port 01,
(ext 12 = port 02,
do you see the pattern here,
you program by port, not extension.)

when finished:

[Spkr] ## [Hold]

[Spkr] ## [Hold]

When programming, the button you think of as an intercom button is counted as a normal button from one to ten, paper labels don't count in programming.
Posted By: CCGreenValley Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/18/11 09:27 AM
Thank you all for your help! You are all such a blessing! Everything seems to work as needed now. You were all very quick to reply, very knowledgable, and friendly, and i appreciate that!
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/18/11 01:31 PM
You're just lucky you caught me after I've had my morning cup of coffee...

I'm not very "knowledgable & friendly" before that morning cup!

Great that you got everything working, you are now the designated telephone man for the church from now on... smile
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/19/11 11:45 AM
Or until the power goes out again. As I remember some UPS response times are not fast enough to back up volatile memory. Practice makes perfect. smile
Posted By: CCGreenValley Re: DK16 Not Ringing in... - 10/19/11 07:58 PM
I'm basically the designated "everything with wires" man for the church right now... that's why you all have been a great help. I know that eventually I could ahve figured out most of this, but that could have taken acouple of weeks to do what you guys got done in a couple of hours, so, when several computers broke on me, projector bulbs blew, a new printer was installed, and dozens of other issues came up while I was working on this, I could actually attend to those knowing that I was getting some good help.
Thanks again, folks! I'll remember this page when I need something else!
And since you all were so helpful with your area of expertise, I'll throw an offer out there that if anyone needs prayer or just Biblical counsel, feel free to e-mail me through the forums here.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help