atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: OCC Phone not ringing - 10/18/11 09:31 AM
I've got one user who while on vacation for a week had her phone left on "Do Not Disturb".

When she returned she turned it off but now it does not ring. She can pick up a line if she knows someone is calling and the incoming call lights up. But just no ring.

Any thoughts on how to fix?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Phone not ringing - 10/18/11 10:01 AM
Is it a DK or CTX/CIX?
Posted By: OCC Re: Phone not ringing - 10/18/11 10:18 AM
Sorry, how do I know?
Go to the control unit (not the phone) and it will have a label on it, such as "DK40i" or "CIX100"

Different processors have different instructions for users.
Posted By: OCC Re: Phone not ringing - 10/19/11 05:26 AM
I don't see that. Just says it's a Toshiba Strata CHSUB672A
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Phone not ringing - 10/19/11 01:25 PM
Here's an easy way to tell if it's a DK or CTX/CIX. Without picking up the handset, press the # key. Does your Spkr button light up? If yes, it's a CTX/CIX. If not, it's a DK.
CHSUB672A tells us that it is a long metal box AND could be a DK424 processor OR a CTX/CIX processor.

Phonemeister's idea is correct and you could also take off the metal cover and look at what is printed on the side of the first circuit card on the left side of the cabinet.

If it says RCTU-something, it is a DK type.

If it says BCTU-something, it is a CIX type.

I forget what CTX was, that was a long time ago but it was something similar to BCTU.

Go peek inside the cabinet, its fun to look but don't touch anything.
Posted By: OCC Re: Phone not ringing - 10/20/11 07:49 AM
Thanks. Must be a DK.
Funny that, are you sure she did not forward all ringing calls? bet that is what it is.

Try this:Press the [Intercom] button and dial #601 then press the [Spkr] button and see if that doesn't get her phone ringing.

My guess is that the phone ringing was forwarded to someone and this is the command to unforward all ringing from that phone.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Phone not ringing - 10/24/11 06:17 AM
Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie is on the right track I believe. I'm thinking it's a PhDN that may be forwarded, that maybe the user was the owner of and didn't know. We'll address that, after we find out if #601 worked on the Intercom.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help