atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SOHODVC DK424 PRI or Extension Problem - 10/19/11 09:37 AM
I have not been able to replicate this issue, but wanted to get some other opinions. The customer reports that the operator telephone, extension 200, displays "Dial Station No. or access code" as if it's off hook, but has no dial tone when the receiver is picked up. While this is happening no calls cannot come into their main number which is a DID on 020 going to PhDN 500 which is owned by 000 (200), they instead get a message saying the phone number is not available or is disconnected.

While onsite I attempted to recreate the problem, but was unable. Any recommended testing or advice would be welcome.
Posted By: Voyager Re: DK424 PRI or Extension Problem - 10/19/11 12:20 PM
The first thing that comes to mind is hookswitch issue. This was a common problem on the 2000 series phones. when you go off-hook and get no dial tone...... What happens when you hit the speaker key?

Replace the phone and test for awhile.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: DK424 PRI or Extension Problem - 10/24/11 06:49 AM
That's odd that it is acting as if the phone is unplugged... not just in a busy state. I agree with Voyager that a hook-switch may be part of the problem and absolutely that you should switch out the phone. If switching the phone and or replacing the hook-switch don't work, I would make someone else the owner of that PhDN.
Posted By: SOHODVC Re: DK424 PRI or Extension Problem - 10/27/11 11:56 AM
As an update, we have not switched the phone but have obtained additional intel. The problem has occurred more often and seems to happen generally between 11am to 1pm. It lasted for an entire day at one point. They said calls could not go in or out. When I tested during an outage, I got slow busy inbound and the customer reported fast busy inbound. I'm currently suspicious of the T-1 although the carrier reports no errors.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: DK424 PRI or Extension Problem - 10/28/11 05:04 AM
That really makes me think it's the provider. I still don't like the phone that has problems being the owner of the PhDN for the main line. If, for any reason, the system thinks that phone is not active, it will cause all kinds of problems with the calls. The fact that outbound is affected too, points towards the provider.

I suggest making another phone in the group an owner for the main PhDN, then unplugging it to try duplicating the problem. If that doesn't do it, get the provider on site for a stress test
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help