atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Leo-JBI Hard resetting the voicemail... - 10/28/11 09:55 AM
Hello,

I am using a Toshiba CTX system and it has a Stratagy iES 32 card in the box (I believe for voicemail).

My question is; when I have to conduct a hard reset of the voicemail – is there a way to only reset the voicemail without bringing down all the phones? This problem does not happen often. But, I would like to avoid cutting all calls abruptly in order to reset the voicemail.

Also, even after conducting a hard reset – it can take the system thirty minutes before voicemail returns. Should it take so long?
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: Hard resetting the voicemail... - 10/28/11 10:53 AM
To reset the IES, log in with Netmeeting, and click the 'Restart Stratagy' icon.

Or...

Using a pen or paperclip, poke the top hole (Labeled 'Shutdown') for 10 seconds or so (you'll feel a 'click' when depressed), then move your pen to the bottom hole (Labeled 'Power') until the IES shuts down.

To restart, unplug the card, slide it back in.
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: Hard resetting the voicemail... - 10/28/11 10:56 AM
P.S. It's NOT a good idea to reset the IES by doing other than the above.

When you shut it down by using the CTX power switch, it's no different than shutting off your desk computer by pulling the power cord out of the wall.

Most of the time, the operating system will survive... but Murphy will sooner or later slap you across the face, and you'll have a dead IES.
Posted By: Leo-JBI Re: Hard resetting the voicemail... - 10/28/11 05:52 PM
Thanks for your replies…

I hate to say the problem was bigger than I thought. The voicemail card was dead one my arrival.

I don’t know if I could ask (on the forum)…but is there any suggestion where I can get a replacement card on a Friday night (no less). I have to have this system back up as soon as possible.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help