atcomsystems.ca/forum
I'm new to the phone system so any help would be appreciated. Currently we have 2 CO lines, normally when a call comes in it goes straight to the system greeting however if both of the lines are in used the caller just get a busy signal. How do I set it to go to the system greeting? Thanks in advance.
I get asked this question sometimes. The basic problem is that you can only have 2 calls that can reach your building. Since the phone system, with the voicemail is at your office location, there is no way for a 3rd call to reach the voicemail system and play the default system greeting.

There is no way for another caller to reach the phone system if both lines are in use. Only a voicemail service from the phone company can do that.
You only have a hunt group of two lines. Get more phone lines in the hunt group from the phone company.
Thanks for the responses. I didn't know there's such limitation with our phone system.
It's not a limitation of your phone system it is a limitation of having 2 x PSTN lines that you can only receive 2 calls.

If you want to receive more calls get a PRI service and a voicemail and you can receive as many calls as you have channels on the PRI and your voicemail will be able to answer and take a message depending on how you set it up.

As advised earlier get a diversion or message facility on your 2 x PSTN lines or get more PSTN lines connected to your phone system.
Thanks for the input. We have just a few people occasionally use the phone the rest are on cell phones so we should be okay for now.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help