atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ringtone adding ip phones to my ctx100 system - 11/08/11 09:47 PM
What would I need to add ip phones to my ctx100 system?
Posted By: Infini-Tech Re: adding ip phones to my ctx100 system - 11/08/11 10:28 PM
What software version do you have onsite?
Posted By: Ottersnose Re: adding ip phones to my ctx100 system - 11/09/11 07:37 AM
Thats a pretty vague question buddy!

Do you already have IP extensions?
Posted By: Voyager Re: adding ip phones to my ctx100 system - 11/09/11 07:57 AM
RingTone - You need an IP card (BIPU-M or MIPU{16 or 24}), depending on (1) what is the software level on the CTX and (2) what is the part number on the IP phones you intend to use.

If you are referring to Troy's post, all you need is the BIPU, phone, enough station/port licenses and an IP address. If the phone will be used off-site, you will need a static public IP address for the BIPU.

If the phone will be used in your office, you can use an internal address.

CTX system software must be version CTXR221-MH119 or higher and the BIPU-Q15F V.1C.

But....... (There's always a but)

Important Note: Whenever using IP telephones or Strata Net IP for optimum system performance, the system must be operating on software Release 2.22 MH214 or higher.
Posted By: ringtone Re: adding ip phones to my ctx100 system - 11/12/11 09:05 PM
Voyager - Your help was very complete. Thank you. Right now I have no ip phones in my system. I would like to be able to connect to my phone system from outside. I will have to see about getting the necessary equipment and a static ip address.
Posted By: newtecky Re: adding ip phones to my ctx100 system - 11/12/11 11:14 PM
You will need to have a total of 2 public IP addresses, one for your own data network and a dedicated on for the IP card. It has been mentioned here a few times, but the IP card can not be behind a router, in most cases.
Posted By: ringtone Re: adding ip phones to my ctx100 system - 11/13/11 07:22 AM
I remember the restriction that the IP card could not be behind a router. Can I use a VPN?
Posted By: Voyager Re: adding ip phones to my ctx100 system - 11/13/11 07:39 AM
Yes
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help