atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: meisgq Call Recording, anything but Tracer - 11/09/11 03:14 PM
It's been a while since we used xtension recorders (Digital phone to USB device) to record station calls. Regardless, we can't use those anymore because I have a client with mixed IP and DKT phones. They would like to record at least two DKT and two IPT then have it stored on a network drive or manager's computer. Also, no handset recording.

Besides Tracer, is there anything else out there that can do what they want? Tracer is a tad bit expensive... just a tad.

Thanks in advance.
I've used Tappit and I'm a dealer for it, but with just 4 phones it might be more than you want to pay.

I'll PM you with my contact info and we can talk.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Call Recording, anything but Tracer - 11/09/11 06:42 PM
What kind of trunks I primarily deal with Oaisys (Talkument and Tracer). I had installed a customer supplied devive that connects to analog lines, then connects to any PC or server to record the call. :
https://www.digital-loggers.com/f8.html

The device itself has no storage on it. The customer installed the software on his server, but the guide did recommend a dedicated PC.

Seemed to work ok. It recieved the diaing or incoming phone numbers from DTMF and caller ID.

Obviously this would be a trunk tap solution and would be lacking informaion such as extensions (unless there is SMDR input which I do not think it had).
Posted By: meisgq Re: Call Recording, anything but Tracer - 11/10/11 10:54 AM
PRI with mix of IPT and DKTs. They want to record based on the station. We already have "Who's Calling" to record inbound calls. As mentioned, I can tap the DKTs using XTR USB devices but IPTs are a different story.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help