atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BarryH Dialing Delay to Paging System - 11/17/11 03:36 PM
Hello,

I have a CTX-670 that's connected to a paging system over a loop start trunk. Dial 44 to pickup the OLG associated with the paging trunk and then dial another 4 to signal the paging system to use all zones.

It was working fine until the CTX firmware and processor were upgraded to the latest version.

Now when you dial 444 to page, the 44 picks up the paging trunk and then the PBX delays almost 2 seconds before sending the last 4, to signal the zone. No one waits for the delay, causing the first two seconds of the page to be unheard.

Is there a way to disable the 1.5 - 2 second delay?

Thanks,

Barry
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Dialing Delay to Paging System - 11/17/11 09:21 PM
Enable cut-through on that trunk.
Posted By: BarryH Re: Dialing Delay to Paging System - 11/18/11 07:11 AM
Immediate cut-through is enabled. It still has the delay.

It almost seems like it's something to do with the PBX trying to decipher what is being dialed, or caching the digits.

I can pick-up a phone and dial 444 as fast as I can, while listening to the trunk with a Test Set, and the first two digits immediately pick-up the line, but I can count one-thousand one, one-thousand two, before the last 4 is heard.

It's not the end of the world, but it's just inconvenient. It's also weird that it started happening after the upgrade.
Posted By: teletron Re: Dialing Delay to Paging System - 11/19/11 03:42 AM
Check to make sure that LCR is not turned on for that trunk.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Dialing Delay to Paging System - 11/20/11 03:27 PM
Check the Public Numbering Plan program 117
Set digit 4 to 1 digit in length and the speech path will be opened after the third 4 is dialled.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help