atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PTME Ring in Headset - 12/23/11 09:11 AM
Using Strata CIX with IPT 2000 series phone and plantronics C054 headset...

Is there a way to have the headset ring in the ear when a call comes in (or make a tone of some sort)? In otherwords if you are in another room when a call comes in, you would know to answer it.

Also, the headset is plugged into the headset jack if that makes any diffrence. Having auto answer is not a desirable option.
Posted By: oi69 Re: Ring in Headset - 12/23/11 09:23 AM
There are 2 options a handset lifter i have never fitted 1 to this phone but looks like it will work ok or there is a little plantronics box that works the same way without lifting the handset just picks up the ringing and sends it to the headset there is a post on here about this item
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Ring in Headset - 12/23/11 11:00 AM
In the Plantronics HL10 lifter or in the CS50--there was a tiny microphone that you put on the phone speaker (just taped on) that supposedly transmitted the ring to the cordless headset. None of our customers, as far as I know, ever used that---so I don't know if it worked good or not. Plantronics says that it works great in the instructions---but I don't know that from experience.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Ring in Headset - 12/23/11 11:57 AM
I have many CS-50 and CS-55 headsets with the HL-10 deployed. They work exactly as advertised; call rings in your ear and you press the button on the headset to answer.

Don’t know if the lifter fits on this specific phone.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Ring in Headset - 12/23/11 07:54 PM
So far we have not bought any for our customers, but I found a couple phones that had a plantronics ring pickup that plugs into the CS55 base. I have seen it on their website

Here is a picture (Website linked just to show the picture)
https://www.headsets.com/headset/plantronics-rd-1-pod-ring-detector-for-shoreTel-phones/

The HL10 lifters work also. I once installed an HL10 on a DP5000 phone. It would not fit under the handset, and was not needed except for ringing, so I taped it to the back of the phone instead of on the craddle.
Posted By: oi69 Re: Ring in Headset - 12/24/11 05:14 AM
i fitted A HL10 on a DP5000 when the DP5000 series first came out if the phone is tilted up it just throws the handset on the floor everytime it goes to lift it
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help