atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Cidknee CIX 670 expansion cable - 01/03/12 01:15 PM
Hi guys,

I am installing a CIX670 with an expansion cabinet for a customer. Trouble is the cable that should have came with the 2 cabinets didn't come with. I cant find one anywhere online and Toshiba says its a non orderable part. I'm using a new cabinet and a cabinet I had here at the shop.

Does anyone know what the part number might be? If there is a universal cable I can use? Thanks!
It should be folded up inside the expansion cabinet. Not to say it couldn't be there but I was fooled once so you might look VERY carefully on the side panel as I removed a plate once and there it was.

I'll look on the two 19 inch rack mount expansion cabinets that I haven't been able to sell to anyone for years and see, I thought they were attached on one end, maybe that is why they are not a part you can purchase.
Posted By: Cidknee Re: CIX 670 expansion cable - 01/04/12 05:42 AM
Thanks! I did look over both units very well, and I didn't see it. But I will look again.
I'm looking at a picture of the CIX Install/Maintain 2007.pdf and it shows the cable behind a door.

Drawing says: Data Cable Door (shown open) and it is right under where the cables plug into the base cabinet. The label says: CAB 2, CAB 3, CAB 4, etc.

Reminds me of the song, "Whats behind the green door."

Look inside the metal directly under where you plug in the Data Cables. 99.999% sure you have them.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: CIX 670 expansion cable - 01/05/12 12:58 PM
Was the expansion cabinet new as sometimes when engineers take out a system they don't realise the cables stay attached to the expansion cabinets and not the base cabinet.
Posted By: oi69 Re: CIX 670 expansion cable - 01/09/12 10:29 AM
is the cable the same from a DK280 as ive got a rack mounted cix but the cable was cut
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CIX 670 expansion cable - 01/09/12 12:24 PM
Nope, the cable from the DK won't work with the CIX.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help