atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kfrederick Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/13/12 05:39 PM
I have a CIX 670 with a Strata MAS running Network Emanager version 5.20B18 and the voice mail management is integrated with it.
I have setup a phantom DID with menu 6 menu options, i have also set that DID is on DND so that it will go direct to VM. When a call is place to that number and a menu option is selected i have it set to transfer to another mailbox that is also set on DND with a message.
What i would like to have happen is set the menu mailbox's to repeat if they do not hang up.
All 6 extensions for the menu's are internal numbers that are phantoms. They all are assigned to the same physical station for owner of them.
Is there a way to accomplish this?
Thanks
Posted By: kfrederick Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/13/12 06:52 PM
Stratagy is version iES007.003
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/13/12 07:52 PM
It can be done, but not easily. The better thing to do is to set a menu option (for example, '9') to that mailbox, and at the end of the message to say something like "To repeat this message please press '9' now", and then set the chain delay to 50 or higher.
Posted By: kfrederick Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/13/12 08:25 PM
i have 9 on all of the options set to return to the main menu and transfers back to the main DID. the problem i am running in to is if 9 is not pressed quickly enough or they do not hang up a canned message that the company setup that states " if you know your parties extension you may dial it at any time" is played.
I would really like to try to do the repeat of the greeting instead so that the public that calls the line does not hear that generic message after. i do have a call in to my Toshiba tech as well about this but have usually been able to do most items with some help from this forum. laugh
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/14/12 06:57 AM
Use the M() token to accomplish this. You can specify the number of times to repeat before continuing to the next token if the caller makes no key press. This prevents the infinite loop issue too.
Posted By: kfrederick Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/14/12 03:10 PM
If i understand where the token goes correctly, it is in the same place that you put the h for the blind transfer right?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/14/12 04:32 PM
Yep
Posted By: kfrederick Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/14/12 05:23 PM
so when you add it there and it does not work, i am guessing its because the token need to be built still?
I have tried M(xxxx) x=ext didn't work
I have tried @M(xxxx) didn't work.
maybe i just don't know the proper format for it.
Posted By: kfrederick Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/14/12 07:09 PM
so i found a document finally that explained how the Token needed to be set.
M(Greeting number, times to repeat greeting,how soon to repeat)
still didn't work.
is there anywhere else i need to set anything to get this to work?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/14/12 08:10 PM
DND must be off.
Posted By: kfrederick Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/14/12 08:32 PM
With DND off it wont even play the greeting.
Something else must be wrong on top of that
Posted By: newtecky Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/14/12 09:14 PM
DND must be off if you want to use tokens.
If DND is off and greeting doesn't play, then something else is wrong.
Posted By: kfrederick Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/14/12 09:42 PM
ok so i will put some more information about the numbers and hopefully some one will catch whats wrong.

The DID is a phantom, with scf 1 to voice mail going to its own vm box and owned by a station in our department.
In its vm settings it is on dnd, and transfers properly to the 6 menu options.
opt 1 is a phantom owned by the same station as the above mentioned DID, has its own mailbox and also set for scf 1 for voice mail. it was set for DND to get the greeting to work but is now off. i have it set to not to store messages under use mode and have the token set as mentioned in previous post to M(G1,2,20) I have it on COS 996 that is required to have voice mail work
Nothing is selected in Auto Attendant
The only other item i changed in the mailbox was to have opt 9 in the menu to transfer back to the DID line.

And I guess if you want to get technical, I didn't have DND turned on,I did #6012 xxxx# XXXX
Small x is the phantom ext # and X is the pilot for the VM system.

Hopefully this helps
thanks for all the reply's so far
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/14/12 10:40 PM
You should chain to the mailbox and not transfer to a PhDN that forwards to the mailbox if that's what you're doing.
Posted By: kfrederick Re: Make voicemail mesage repeat - 08/15/12 04:21 PM
YOU ARE THE MAN Phonemeister!!! Thank you... its working as i want it to now!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help