atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Toolie CTX100 card hot swap? - 11/27/12 07:01 PM
I am going to pull an analog CO trunk card from a CTX100 (no longer used as now on PRI), and replace it with an RSTU2 to give me 8 more analog extensions on the system.

I don't work on the CTX very much - wondering if it's okay to hot swap the cards, or do I need to shut the system down? Trying to decide if I can schedule this for business hours, or if I need to do an after hours shut down.

Hate to miss Wheel of Fortune.......
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CTX100 card hot swap? - 11/28/12 08:24 AM
Technically, you're supposed to recycle power when you change the card assignments. So you might as well swap the cards when the system is off.
It is only a minute procedure, so I would think you could do it during business hours unless you have a call center or other place that always has someone on the phone and can't be down.
Posted By: Toolie Re: CTX100 card hot swap? - 11/30/12 03:42 AM
Thanks guys - I will shut it down to make the swap. I think I am supposed to tell the system what kind of card I have put in, or does it automatically detect that?

The reason I am doing this as a swap is becuase I am at the max for port assignments, so I am trading 8 unused analog CO trunks for 8 SLT extensions....

I do so appreciate the feedback, I could probably spend a ton of time perusing manuals, but the answers come so quickly here. I appreciate that!
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CTX100 card hot swap? - 11/30/12 07:26 PM
First delete the trunks in emanager before re-assigning it as an xSTU. Then swap the card out and recycle the power.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help