atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: michael reid trigger recorded message over page.. - 01/17/13 08:14 PM
Well not sure how else to explain it. The client has a DK424

I have a client with a second building, and they want to play a pre-recorded message over a page group on the phones.
I have an onq smartbrain in the environment that I use for a variety of functions that I can schedule a 12volt relay to close, which in turn could trigger a device, I have found one called
EM18A 8-Trigger Audio Player Message Repeater
it has 55 watt output or appears to also have a standard line out also
This device when a relay is closed will play the designated message.
so now any ideas how I could get that to play on a specified page group, when triggered?
any creative answer considered.

Thanks,
Michael
Posted By: Wattheheck Re: trigger recorded message over page.. - 01/18/13 04:41 PM
If you have a Stratagy voice mail you can have it do it using token strings on a auto schedule.
Posted By: newtecky Re: trigger recorded message over page.. - 01/19/13 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by Wattheheck
If you have a Stratagy voice mail you can have it do it using token strings on a auto schedule.

Maybe I have been missing something but I cant think of any way to trigger a token string on a schedule.

One possibility, if you can connect to an anaolg port, have the relay close the loop to an off-hook condition, and have the port ring down to page group. This is mostly theory. You normally wouldn't connect an audio connection to a telephone analog port (except for MOH), but it could be possible if you get the resistance correct for an off-hook condition. I a also am not sure if you can rind-down to a page group.
Posted By: Wattheheck Re: trigger recorded message over page.. - 01/24/13 09:28 PM
You can make a Stratgy page the message for you if you record it in a mailbox there.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help