atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Korak Multiple Call Groups - 01/22/13 03:50 PM
This is a Toshiba Phone system and I am running the Network eManager V5.20B11.

Can Anyone tell me how to setup a multiple call group for the following?

555-555-5555
When it rings in I want it to do the following:

Ring ext 206 immediately.
Ring ext 261 after it rings four times at 206.
Ring at ext 244 and 207 after it rings four times at 261.
Ring ext 200 after it has rang four times at those last two extensions.
Ring ext 400 (this is the automated attendant) if no one is reached at 200.

Right now it calls 206 immediately. Then has 261 for Delay1 which is the 4 rings (12 sec) and then has 200 for Delay2 which is 8 rings (24 sec).

Is what I want it to do possible? All I see are Delay1 and Delay2 within Station->Multiple Call Group.

Thanks.
Scott
Posted By: oi69 Re: Multiple Call Groups - 01/22/13 08:32 PM
in a multiple call group you only have immediate 12 sec 24 sec or whatever you change them to i dont know if you can put another MCG in a MCG thats something we have ment to try sometime but never got round to it so in 24 seconds just try and put the next MCG and so on lining them all together if it lets you if it don't then no you cant do anything else
Posted By: newtecky Re: Multiple Call Groups - 01/22/13 10:48 PM
As mentioned, you only get Immediate, delay 1, delay 2, then system call forward.

You can only put extensions in the table of a multiple call group/ You can not put the pilot of another MCG within that table.

The other issue would be the system call forward timer. This is the same timer that forwards all other calls to voicemail. For example,
If the Sys call timer for everyone was 20 sec,
You set the SFC template for your MCG to forward to voicemail
Delay 2 phones set for 24 seconds would never ring. Calls would go to voicemail after 20 seconds.

You can create a SFC template to forward to another MCG, but then the 2nd MCG may not follow a 2nd SFC template, even if you had SYS CF Cascade (Prg 105 FB 40) enabled.

You can try and play around by having MCG 1 set with Immediate, and delay 1. Create a SCF templet to forward to MCG 2. DOn't set a SF temoplate, but add 400 as delay 2 in the second MCG.

But the real issue is, do you really expect people to be still on the phone after it rings 16 times?
Posted By: Korak Re: Multiple Call Groups - 01/23/13 03:25 PM
Thanks for the replies.

As far as "But the real issue is, do you really expect people to be still on the phone after it rings 16 times?"

We are a public school, so probably so. People will figure we are there, or at least during school hours. smile

I will probably just deal with the two delays and have multiple rings on a couple of them. Just one more delay would help me a bunch. smile

Thanks again.
Scott
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help