atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Xcountry CIX40 Help - 03/22/13 02:12 PM
I mostly deal with nortel avaya but I recently picked up a customer with a Toshiba CIX40. They did a cutover from Verizon to Comcast internet and phone. Obviously all I did was change the cross connect from the Verizon equipment to the Comcast. Customer called yesterday saying that the voicemail does not work and hasn't since the cutover. I asked him to power down and power up to see if that might change anything but it didnt. He did tell me the boss said he does that once a month cause the voicemail doesn't work sometimes.

Could I get some help on where to go from here? Should I find emanager and get it installed? If there is anyone out there willing to do a quick "over-the-phone-walkthrough" I'd appreciate it. I can pay for your time.

Message me! Any help would be great!
Posted By: WiringSolutions Re: CIX40 Help - 03/22/13 09:34 PM
I have had a GVPH that gave me all sorts of grief like this, freezing up, locking ports/lines, recorded greetings that sounded like they were playing in slow motion....

I defaulted the board and reprogrammed it and it helped for a bit but after a while it was back to it's old self.

The only solution was to swap out the VM and I haven't heard from the customer since.

It sounds like this customer is having some serious issues with the VM if it stops working that often, might be time to suggest replacing it.
Posted By: oi69 Re: CIX40 Help - 03/22/13 11:04 PM
There were a batch of first generation boards that did sometimes have those problems
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help