atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: michaelg Add Message Waiting button to 20-key - 04/18/13 11:54 PM
I have someone who takes care of our companies general voicemail (of someone leaves a message when we are closed). But they also have their own email. The message waiting light is on when they get their personal email. I would like to program one of the 20-key buttons to indicate when there is general voice mail (mailbox 101) and access the mail box when pressed.

I am programming via eManager software, just don't know which key option to use and how to have it point to mailbox 101. (One Touch?)
Posted By: Voyager Re: Add Message Waiting button to 20-key - 04/19/13 03:06 PM
Make Phantom DN 101 on that extn. Make that extn the owner of PhDN101. Make one of the buttons a msg lite for PhDN 101
Posted By: olflattop Re: Add Message Waiting button to 20-key - 04/20/13 02:56 AM
And don't forget in PhDn assignment to put your vm id code and VM message center.
Posted By: michaelg Re: Add Message Waiting button to 20-key - 04/23/13 02:01 PM
That worked thanks!

Now if I wanted that same indicator MWPhDN101 on two other extensions... is there a way to do that?
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: Add Message Waiting button to 20-key - 04/23/13 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by michaelg
Now if I wanted that same indicator MWPhDN101 on two other extensions... is there a way to do that?

Yes, but it's not quite as easy... you have to assign another Phantom ext (say, 102) to the next extension (I generally put it on a non-existent ADM programmed to that ext) - then the msg waiting key for 102... Make sure that ext 'owns' that Phantom... set the phantom's 'VM ID Code' to 101...

Now go to the VM and add another notification... so after it notifies 101, it will then notify 102. Make sure you set it to turn off after pickup as well as turn on the msg waiting lamp.

The customer must be trained *not* to pick up the phone before hitting the msg waiting key (or it will pick the wrong DN)

Hope this made sense...

Posted By: michaelg Re: Add Message Waiting button to 20-key - 04/23/13 03:52 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Very helpful.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help