atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Carl Fortin Forward CO line to Vm DK40 - 04/19/13 05:37 PM
Hi,

How can you forward a CO line to voicemail?
I can use command 36 for internal station but I cannot find the command for incoming line.

Posted By: Voyager Re: Forward CO line to Vm DK40 - 04/22/13 03:13 PM
How many stations does that line ring on? It will not forward if programmed to ring more than one station.
Posted By: Carl Fortin Re: Forward CO line to Vm DK40 - 04/24/13 11:21 AM
Right now it is ringing on many stations (I'm not sure how many exactly).

The problem is that I cannot find the command that will forward incoming line to the voicemail system.
Posted By: jknichols Re: Forward CO line to Vm DK40 - 04/24/13 05:02 PM
It's been a while since I've worked with the toshiba DK family so I can't be a lot of help, but your question as phased is a bit vague - when should the incoming line go to voicemail, and where in the voicemail system should the call go?

if all calls are to go to the voicemail main prompt, that should be as simple as getting into programming mode and adding the voicemail extention/hunt group to programs 81 thru 87. If you want to go to a specific mailbox that gets more complicated - as Voyager said above, you pretty much have to ring a single extention and have that extention forward to a mailbox.

I don't recall ever using anything like "command 36" - the codes I recall were more like #601 thru #604 (which all dealt with station forwarding).
Posted By: Carl Fortin Re: Forward CO line to Vm DK40 - 04/24/13 05:38 PM
Well, all incoming lines are answered by the voicemail system.
Once we hear the default greeting we can dial an extension.

The new incoming line should go to the main voicemail message.

All I want is add a new incoming line to our system.

I know it is working because it is ringing on one of our station.

Command 81 gives me this:

81 SELECT=005
GRP CO001-CO0012

What should I do next... I do not want to mess-up the system.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Forward CO line to Vm DK40 - 04/24/13 05:52 PM
Call someone who knows what there doing ! You have been working on this for days a trained Toshiba tech this would onlt take 5 minutes, without knowing how the system is setup it is going to be hard for someone on here to tell you how to do it.
Posted By: Carl Fortin Re: Forward CO line to Vm DK40 - 04/24/13 06:15 PM
I would not ask for help if I knew how to do it... would I?

Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Forward CO line to Vm DK40 - 04/24/13 06:27 PM
I am saying call a local Toshiba dealer
Posted By: jknichols Re: Forward CO line to Vm DK40 - 04/24/13 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Mull
I am saying call a local Toshiba dealer
I would second that - I worked with the dealer that set up our 60 extension DK280 - they did the initial setup and any significant changes but were willing to walk me thru minor changes. They taught me what I could safely do, and what programs to stay away from. With a bit of training this was not a bad little system to work on, but blindly poking around a live system is not the way to learn.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Forward CO line to Vm DK40 - 04/24/13 09:39 PM
The kind folks here have pointed you in the right direction. The DK is not an easy system to pick up on the fly and it's true that a trained tech can have this done in minutes. In any event, we cannot take you by the hand and post step by step instructions for you and the rest of the world to see. If anyone would like to guide the OP with step by step instructions please do so off-line like with a PM or via email.
Posted By: Carl Fortin Re: Forward CO line to Vm DK40 - 04/25/13 01:23 PM
Thanx a lot Command 81 did it. All I wanted was a hint.
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: Forward CO line to Vm DK40 - 04/25/13 03:30 PM
Glad this time you got it!

As far as wanting a hint??? I think most everyone here was giving you just that, call a trained technician before bad things happen.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help