atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pghphoneman RemoteCTX1 connection on windows 7 - 07/22/13 11:06 PM
has anyone been able to get dial up connection on windows 7? all help appreciated.
Posted By: pghphoneman Re: RemoteCTX1 connection on windows 7 - 07/23/13 04:23 AM
I keep getting a error that "the system could not find the phone book entry for this connection" i have the phone number put in the phone number field in the customer setup. has anyone else had this issue?
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: RemoteCTX1 connection on windows 7 - 07/23/13 03:02 PM
From FYI:

To get the RemoteCTX1 working with Windows 7 32 bit machine.

1. Locate the rasphone.pbk file. It is in the following directory:
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk

NOTE: This folder/file may be hidden by the windows operating system folder options. To show hidden files and protected operating system files click on Start and type folder in the search field. Click on the Folder Options icon that appears at the top. Select "Show hidden files and folders", uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".

2. Highlight rasphone.pbk, right click and select copy.

3. Go to the following directory:
c:\Windows\System32\ras

4. Paste the rasphone.pbk in to this location.

5. Restart PC

6. Test RemoteCTX1
Posted By: pghphoneman Re: RemoteCTX1 connection on windows 7 - 07/23/13 06:07 PM
gave that a try and i still get the system could not find the phone book entry for this connection. i can dial out on the modem without using emanager but when i use emanager i get that message
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: RemoteCTX1 connection on windows 7 - 07/26/13 06:12 AM
Make sure you have added https://localhost to the internet options / security / local intranet / add site / advanced in IE.
Posted By: pghphoneman Re: RemoteCTX1 connection on windows 7 - 07/29/13 06:54 PM
I have that set to Carlos. I always have issues with emanager but this one is making me mad because i have few accounts i have to dial into and my other comp had emanager on it but then it quit working to, not due to any update it just quit on me. i also tried setting up virtual pc within windows but i cant xpmode to see my modem. ready to shoot these machines.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help