atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: xsys2001i How to enable vmail on CIX40? - 08/14/13 05:56 PM

Hi - just installed new Toshiba CIX40 system, and trying to setup and enable voice-mail system on our own. We have the Stratagy Admin software and the Network eManager software, on would like to know if anyone has step-by-step instructions on how to configure vmail from bottom up for single mailbox.

Right now we are using Time Warner Cable voice mail, but would like to do away with that and use the Toshiba Vmail. Would like to setup System attendant to answer after 4 or 5 rings.

Thanks
Posted By: RRino Re: How to enable vmail on CIX40? - 08/14/13 07:43 PM
The CIX40 alone does not come with vm, you need to install a vm card in the CIX40. The instructions for this are detailed quite nicely in the manual.
Posted By: xsys2001i Re: How to enable vmail on CIX40? - 08/14/13 09:28 PM
Forgot to mention , have the 4 port card installed. And I cant make heads or tails out of the manual. Any easier instructions out there? I dont come from a telecom background, but trying to learn.

Thanks
Posted By: Meyery2k Re: How to enable vmail on CIX40? - 08/15/13 01:21 AM
With respect - You should contact a Toshiba dealer to initially configure the voice mail. Once it is configured to your satisfaction, the dealer can teach you how to maintain it. There are so many scenarios possible that a bottoms up guide is really not practical. The money spent with the dealer will be well spent since you will be part of the process of a properly installed and configured system.

As much as I like to pitch in and help people, Meyer is really correct on this.

The voicemail is harder to program than the phone system, SO many options and this forum is to help technicians with most any problem and give reasonable advice to end users.

There are many competitive Toshiba techs out there and sometimes the rational thing to do is hire someone, not DIY.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help