atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: activated MegaPath PRI service on CIX200 problems - 09/25/13 11:17 PM
So we just migrated one of our existing clients to MegaPaths SDSL PRI service which has been nothing but headaches and wasted time (we all know this story!) Since the migration from there previous carrier they now experience inbound busy signals, "out of service" messages and "call abandoned" in the screen of there handsets when dialing out. It is intermittent and can happen every 10-15 minutes and at other times not for hours. We have used the PRI debugging tool before but do not have access to it anymore as we parted ways with Toshiba. Would this be the only way to debug or does anyone have an alternative? (MP is blamming our hardware)
Posted By: newtecky Re: MegaPath PRI service on CIX200 problems - 09/26/13 12:43 AM
If the carrier says that it is the hardware, then it must be the hardware, becasue it is never an issue with the line

I don't mind looking at potential issues, but so far I don't think I have ever found a problem with the Toshiba PRI hardware. We eventually get the carrier to fix the problems after extensive testing on our part, such as swapping the PRI card. You probabaly don't have a spare BPTU sitting around I bet.

It seems like a catch phrase for telco providers "I don't see a problem with the circuit. It looks like an issue with with your PBX." Reminds me of a video. Search "the IT crowd have you tried turning it off and on again" on Youtube.

The Toshiba PRI tool that I have used in the past to me really wasn't any more usefull then connecting Hypertermial to the monitor port . There was a 3rd party tool for use with a Toshiba PRI that was more handy, but I haven't been able to find the website for a long time. You may see some errors, but does that tell you the source of the problem?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help