atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: simon80 Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 04/16/14 05:25 PM
Can anyone tell me what token/programming is for forwarding calls from a mailbox to outside line?
Posted By: simon80 Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 04/16/14 05:34 PM
Or is there a way to transfer to outside line from a PilotDN and skip the mb?
Posted By: Wattheheck Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 04/16/14 07:39 PM
Depends on the phone system and type of C.O. lines you have. If you can do a Trunk flash, dial the number and hang up that is best. Use the short flash access code for that system pause and phone number followed by H for hangup in the mailbox extension field.
Posted By: simon80 Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 04/17/14 03:38 PM
We are using Strata CIX670 : B--U/BEX. We use 9 to dial out, would that be the short flash access code your talking about?
Posted By: simon80 Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 04/17/14 04:33 PM
In the ext field: @F9-(phone number)H

Am I close with this?
Posted By: tmeier Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 04/17/14 10:03 PM
on the DK 424 I use #45,(phone number)H So maybe on the CTX #450,(phone number)H
Posted By: simon80 Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 04/18/14 05:17 PM
I tried #450 with no luck. I found the token definitions in the manual but still unable to figure the correct syntax.
Posted By: tmeier Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 04/18/14 07:45 PM
You never said what type of lines your using
Posted By: newtecky Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 04/19/14 01:21 AM
You need to have the centrex feature on your phone lines to be able to use the hook flash #450. Otherwise use 9 and the system will grab a second line to transfer the caller externally.
You would use either @F9- or @F#450- depending on if you have centrex features on your lines.

Posted By: simon80 Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 04/22/14 04:05 PM
We have a PRI, under ILG I have 2 analog and 2 ISDN group assignments. Im not a phone guy just pretending. Does that answer your question on type of CO lines?

Im not familiar with centrex feature. I remember seeing @F9 associated with a mailbox before our ES card took a dump so that's probably the one to use. Its not working though, when I dial the ext, it just goes to the main system greeting.
Some more info on the current setup: I have a pilot dn for the ext4378 which is set to mailbox 4378 with @F9-(phone#)H in the ext field.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 04/24/14 10:23 PM
Hi Simon80

You need to make sure the VM ports are not call barred for outgoing calls. If they are barred then add the number you are trying to dial into the exception table for the DRL assigned to the VM ports.

Make sure "Tandem CO Connection" is also enabled in the COS assigned to the VM ports as well.

Then check that the DND is turned off on the mailbos doing the external transfer and set it as @F-9xxxxxxxxxx-H

hope that helps
Posted By: simon80 Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 04/30/14 04:05 PM
Thanks Carl, I dont see anything barring outgoing calls in the Stratagy ES configuration properties.

The only options for COS is No COS or 996 Guest mailbox. All of our vm boxes use No COS. Should I be creating a new COS?

We may just set up a physical phone and set the forward up on it if I cant get this to work.

Posted By: specelec Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 05/01/14 12:08 AM
Carl is talking about being barred in the CIX programming (vm ports not allowed to dial out). Not in the ES configuration. I am working on this same issue for a customer and it is turning out to be a pain!

My vm ports are the same cos and drl as the phones, and I can flash on the analog co with my buttset and dial the 11 digits and it works, but don't understand the token. Is the 'F' of @F causing the flash on the connected co, or do I need to do @F#450 (where #450 is the short flash on a cix670)??? Not really looking for tandem co connection since I can do this on the raw co.

Hopefully we will both figure out our issues together!
Posted By: newtecky Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 05/01/14 12:50 AM
The F token and the #450 are 2 different types of flash hook, one if for the CIX system, the other is a CO flash. If the hook flash on you butt set works to make another call, then the @F#450 should work. With a PRI it should be @F9 since a hook flash won't work.
Posted By: specelec Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 05/01/14 11:22 AM
Trying to do this remotely may not work. The @F#450-xxxxxxxxxxx-H sounds right from the callers perspective, and I can see the port status go from transferring to on hook, but then after about 8-10 seconds, I end up back at the "if you know your parties extension".

I am going to go to the site to listen in on the co while the process is happening.

Thanks for the clarification newtecky. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to pass them along, and I will keep posting updates in case it is helpful to someone else.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 05/01/14 12:02 PM
This is used for non centrex lines = @F-9-5551212,,H
This is used with centrex lines = @F-#450,5551212--H
Also check your COS to make sure tandem CO connection is enabled
Posted By: simon80 Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 05/01/14 04:29 PM
Ok I see that there is no blocking in Strata Cix.

Are you talking about applying Tandem CO connection in Cix? Its not enabled under any COS# that I can see. How would I apply COS to a Pilot DN?
Posted By: specelec Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 05/01/14 04:53 PM
I think you are looking to make sure in the CIX programming that the COS for the voicemail ports has the Tandem CO connection enabled. Not the Pilot DN.
Posted By: simon80 Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 05/01/14 05:23 PM
I thought that but I don't see any way to apply COS in Cix to Stratagy VM box. In ES there is no option to apply any of the COS# in CIX.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 05/01/14 06:24 PM
Each VM port has a extension number, assign COS with tandem CO connections to these
Posted By: specelec Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 05/05/14 12:59 AM
Got mine working with the @F#450. Just had to adjust the timing with the pauses to get it to work. Dusted off the digit grabber and got it working. Thanks to all who contributed.
Posted By: simon80 Re: Forwarding call from Stratagy mailbox - 05/05/14 09:24 PM
Ok I verified tandem CO connection in COS is assigned to our vm ports. The ext still transfers the call to the main greeting instead of forwarding to correct#.
I also tried throwing an IP phone at a wall to no avail.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help