atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a situation where a DK424 with 2 cabinets dies nearly every day, but only in the evening. When the staff comes in in the morning there is no display on any phones, but there are lights on the system. It always comes back up at random times in the morning. Not connected to ups. When it is back up it works normally. Very strange.
Posted By: KENB Re: DK424 randomly dies and then comes back up. - 05/08/14 10:06 PM
I would start at the ac power a switched outlet incorrect power.
I would check the fuses on the cabinets. is thhere a dedicated outlet for system
something stupid like a power cord loose
The Dk has those little white fuses sticking out of the power supplies lightly push them in.
I would bounce the system in case theres anthing crazy
in cpu.
I there any building construction going on where the power is
off/on multiple times

also are cleaning people coming in at and plugging in a floor
waxer thats doing a heavy power drawer

lastly babysit it one night to observe facility.
Posted By: KENB Re: DK424 randomly dies and then comes back up. - 05/08/14 10:16 PM
What part of California are you in there is an excellent tech in LA area on this ite
I just read your profile and suggest you engage a Toshiba tech
I would look at the power supplies. Since they are switching power supplies they will do any number of things. This is a percursor to a system down situation.
I agree ^. The only time I've ever seen any issues with the DK280/DK424 have been with the power supply. The rest of the system is solid as a rock.
The system is plugged into a dedicated circuit with no ups. The curious thing is when the client gets there in the morning there are lights on the cpu and power supply, but no displays on phones. And then it just comes back up and stays up all day. There are days/nights when it does not go down....very random. I thought it was a power issue as well, but can't rule out the processor.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help