atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jennyfer menu timer - 06/05/14 08:18 PM
I am getting too much incoming calls stuck in the menu of our phone system. I am using a Strategy VM Manager 1.11. I see the phones stuck on a call, but it never goes to an extension and with our 800 number, the minutes cost so much.

It's for a Toshiba Strata DK 424, Strategy card. Again, I am using Strategy VM Manager 1.11 (graphical) and I don't see any option of a timer or limiting the loops of the greeting.

From a manual I read online and user mailbox I have, 990 is for greeting, and 991 is the menu, but again I don't see anywhere in 991 to limit loops.

Thanks,

Jen
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: menu timer - 06/05/14 08:38 PM
There are many contributing factors in the designing of a telephone systems call flow. The calls that ring into your auto attendant are usually put through enough in having to listen to the various selections and then taking time to choose or time out to a operator destination. If the calls are just sitting there then there are a few timers and settings that can be adjusted by a certified Toshiba technician, these are not for an administrator or end user to tackle.

If you would complete your profile its possible a technician in your area will PM or reply here and be able to work with you to resolve this and any other problems you might be facing. Believe me I do understand that 800 services cost a company dearly and the sooner you can get this corrected the better, the savings alone will mostly pay for the service call.
Posted By: newtecky Re: menu timer - 06/06/14 01:11 AM
From a design prospective, there should be no loops. The caller should terminate somewhere. If calls are looping, then the auto attendant needs to be reprogrammed.

Posted By: Jennyfer Re: menu timer - 06/06/14 07:27 PM
newtecky, how would I reprogrammed the auto attendant?

Jen
Posted By: Wattheheck Re: menu timer - 06/06/14 10:40 PM
The done chain for 991 should be 999, it is in groups and chains. If you are prompting people to stay on the line for assistance that could be a problem, if they press nothing after the done chain timer is expired in 991 it would go to 999 and play " thank you for calling, good bye" and hang up.
Posted By: Jennyfer Re: menu timer - 06/09/14 04:04 PM
I have User ID 999 as System Administrator User ID.
Posted By: newtecky Re: menu timer - 06/09/14 06:40 PM
That is correct, but use 999 for Chain done in 991 to disconnect the caller.

If you want the phones to ring an extension first, set chain done on 991 to an extension (200 for example), then set chain done in that mailbox to 999. The idea is the last step should hang-up so you don't get these loops.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help