atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MattNat problems with ACD / Call Manager alarms - 07/02/14 07:40 PM
hey,
we run our call center using ACD & Call Manager. the setup is simple: 2 queues, 300 (queue A) and 301 (queue B). queue A agents are members of both the 301 and 300 queue. queue B are members of only the 300 queue.

system is a CIX200, MAS-2U. ACD is upgraded to latest as of a couple weeks ago, call manager is at V7.0.3.1.

there are simple alarms set up for both queues when a call is waiting (Longest Call Waiting > X Secs) greater than 180s (see img at https://1drv.ms/1qRlRq9). the alarm is set up to send an lcd message to "Whole Group", avail or unavail, to keyset and net phone. priority is set to medium (see img at https://1drv.ms/1qRlVpT).

what is happening is that when a call waits for 180s in the 301 queue, the message shows up on the call manager of all agents, including those that are ONLY members of the 300 queue. the message then persists until "Reset Phone" is selected from the call manager menu, or call manager is restarted. it does not go away on its own.

a possibly related, but different alarm also shows up and doesn't go away. i can't find out where this alarm is configured. it is like "Urgent: ACD x301: 0 Calls Waiting". this shows for agents who are members of both 300 and 301 when nobody is logged into 301. it prevents those agents from seeing if a call is queuing in the 300 queue since it doesn't go away until someone logs back into 301.

any ideas what could be wrong here? why would agents only in 300 be getting alarms configured for 301, and why won't call manager stop displaying them?

i've got a copy of call manager v8.1.12.0 i could try updating them to, if it might fix the issue.

thanks,
-matt
Posted By: MattNat Re: problems with ACD / Call Manager alarms - 07/14/14 04:48 PM
bump. so it is it in anyone's experience that ACD broadcasts alarms to all members of all queues, or is something just broken in our setup?
thanks,
-matt
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help