atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BEdwards CIX40 incoming call issue - likely simple - 07/09/14 09:39 PM
So first off, I've been lurking these forums for some time. Years ago, I inherited administration of a set of CIX systems, covering 8 branch locations, and it has been a ton of help. Thank you all!

So my issue: One of the branch locations has a CIX40 with 7 analog lines. The client has 2 phones in the lobby that are for client use and should not ring when someone calls the main lines. They are. I cannot for the life of me follow the call flow through to find out why. For each of the lines, looking at the DIT settings, Day1 is 88514, Day2 is 1555, and Night is 1594. I lose myself at PDN 88514 and cannot find 1555 in the system.

Most of the work I've done is at the main site with the CIX670 and DIDs. Any input is appreciated, I know its something super simple.
I'd first look at the multiple call groups. If that's not it, try the phantom DNs.
Does not look to be the MCG. Here are the settings in the system. I appreciate the assistance.

Trunk Assignments:
[Linked Image from technicalmayhem.com]

MCG:

Phantom DNs:

Extension 1508 (should not ring):
I'd look at the key assignments (Key Tab) on ext 1508. If it have lines appearing on the buttons, set all the line keys to not ring.

If you want to know what the number 1555 is, look in the Dial Number Plan.
Yep, need to see the key assignments for 1508.
I just noticed I never updated this with a resolution. You all were correct, there was a line key assigned as ring.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help