atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Skunky adding callerID to a dk24 - 07/14/14 11:32 AM
where to start... I'm a former IT guy, working in an office, at a city agency in NYC, but we're a "field" office, and thus get very little (read none at all) support.

We've got a dk24 hanging on the wall (well, it says it's a dk24) that I'd really like to have incoming caller ID show up on. impossible, right? But... well, it's not "really" a dk24...

It's currently got in it:
rctua1 (that's a dk280/424 processor, right?)
pdku2
bdku1
bdku1
rcou3
rcou3
pious2

ok, so, it's full. I'd really like to pull one of the rcou3's and add an rcos to the rcou, and free up a slot that I could stick an rciu/rcis in there... but I THINK I need an rctua3 or 4 to be able to drive the rciu and the rcos, and I don't know if a bdku will work on an a3 or a4 processor. I'd eventually like to add an rstu and pull the pious, but that's a project for... later.

They'll eventually take the whole system out and replace it with this horrible IP phone system that falls over and dies a couple of times a day, so the longer I can keep "them" from taking away my 20 year old phone system, the better... and the biggest complaint from my coworkers about the phones is "the new phones have caller id!"

of course, getting verizon to turn on callerid may be a whole other fight, but if I can't make the hardware understand it then it'd be totally pointless to fight that fight... it's much easier to get all my ducks in a row and THEN demand things. smile
Posted By: phonemeister Re: adding callerID to a dk24 - 07/14/14 05:40 PM
The processor needs to be on release 3 or higher to support caller id. Check program 00. The BDKU can be used in the DK (move the jumper) but won't support the BDKS. If you use the RCOU and RCOS you will need the RCIU and RCIS.
Posted By: Skunky Re: adding callerID to a dk24 - 07/15/14 10:40 AM
thanks for the sanity check, phonemeister.

program 00 says "VER=RAAX3M" which my programming and admin book says is "RCTUA R1/R2" if I'm reading it right...

so, I'm looking at 1) a processor upgrade 2) an rcos add-on, and 3) an rciu/rcis... hrm. and reprogramming the whole system (it's pretty simple, compared to some of the things described here) I'll have to get all the parts and then wait for a day when nobody else is gonna be here. fun. smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help