atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Archie-B How to access a Strata CIX 40 - 11/07/14 05:35 AM
Toshiba Strata CIX 40.

I have search the WEB and went through most document which relates to the Strata CIX 40.

The document that I could not find is the one that would explain how to connect to the system for administration and configuration. Can someone point me in the right direction?

From what I have read, there is a LAN connection with default ip address 192.168.254.253.

There is also an RS-232 port accessible by RJ-11.
What I am looking for:
-the best way to access the system on location for admin & config.
-description on how to build the RS-232 to RJ-11 cable if it is the admin gateway.
-the settings of the RS-232 port
-if there is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) or a WEB base GUI available or needed. I have seen something about an application called Network eManager.
-if it is a Command Line Interface or menu driven interface.
-do we used a telnet session or a terminal session

Thanks

Posted By: Steve Mull Re: How to access a Strata CIX 40 - 11/07/14 03:48 PM
Network eManager is to access the phone system via IP address and Stratagy VM Manager for the voicemail via com port on laptop. I would suggest you call a Toshiba dealer in your area.
Posted By: 304Tech Re: How to access a Strata CIX 40 - 11/19/14 04:14 AM
Toshiba Strata CIX 40.

I have search the WEB and went through most document which relates to the Strata CIX 40.

The documentation you seek is available to certified Toshiba folks, and available on their website.

The document that I could not find is the one that would explain how to connect to the system for administration and configuration. Can someone point me in the right direction?

There is a manual containing all MDF wiring and pinouts for admin cabling.

From what I have read, there is a LAN connection with default ip address 192.168.254.253.

You will in fact need software and the correct information in order to connect to or program this equipment.

There is also an RS-232 port accessible by RJ-11.
What I am looking for:
-the best way to access the system on location for admin & config.
-description on how to build the RS-232 to RJ-11 cable if it is the admin gateway.
-the settings of the RS-232 port
-if there is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) or a WEB base GUI available or needed. I have seen something about an application called Network eManager.
-if it is a Command Line Interface or menu driven interface.
-do we used a telnet session or a terminal session

I would suggest you contact a Toshiba dealer, or a trained Toshiba technician.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: How to access a Strata CIX 40 - 11/19/14 10:05 PM
As I said before "call a Toshiba dealer in your area."
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help