atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mj_wald StrataNet fail over - 05/27/15 07:00 PM
So I have site A and site B with strata net between them
When a call comes into site A it is answered at site B and transferred back to A if needed.
This work great.

Question is, If the WAN is down, how can I fail over that number to ring locally rather then the remote site?
Posted By: WiringSolutions Re: StrataNet fail over - 05/28/15 12:04 AM
How does the system direct calls to site B? Is it done by auto attendant or via the DIT of the trunk itself?
Posted By: mj_wald Re: StrataNet fail over - 05/28/15 04:16 PM
Using the DID table, did xxx-xxxx rings station 7300, 7300 is a network DN.

Posted By: WiringSolutions Re: StrataNet fail over - 05/28/15 09:23 PM
The only way I could think of setting this up would be if you used pilot DN's, this gives you an alternate DN destination. I have only used pilots for ACD though so it may not be suitable for this.

Manually you could use your day1/day2/night options to allow for a change in destination if your stratanet goes down. This can mess with othe day/night functions though (ie live answer/auto attendant mode)
Posted By: newtecky Re: StrataNet fail over - 05/29/15 06:56 AM
I ran into the same situation and I could not come up with a solution.

I don't think the Pilot DN will work because without an ACD all calls will be directed to the alternate destination.

I thought about something using CF-Busy, but the forwarding of a remote DN would be controlled by the remote system.

The voice mail may be able to detect a busy extension, and maybe you could have the voice mail system route the call to a different destination on busy. This would require a local VM system that answers the call first. In my scenario there was no local VM to try.

I also thought about the fact that SYS call forwarded templates have a 2nd alternate destination, but that would require the lines to ring at a local extension first. But maybe you could have a station set with DND on, and system CF-DND with Destination 1 as the remote extension and Destination 2 as the local extension.

Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: StrataNet fail over - 06/03/15 05:33 AM
Why don't you port the phone numbers that need to ring at site A over to site B and make that the prime answering destination, then the calls can be transferred over to site A if required.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help