atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tom H Cix 670 low ring voltage - 12/02/15 03:58 PM
This site has a lot of analog locals and in one room maybe others the phone stopped ringing. my buttset rings and a cordless will ring but the 2500 set wont. I checked the ring voltage and its showing 27 volts. This has happened on this site before and was trouble shot by another tech that never really fixed the problem it just went away. I think its a power consumption problem. There is also a ton of message wait lights on as I can hear the relays ticking away. I don't think they need the message wait will this free up enough voltage to send the correct voltage to the phone? is the power supply failing?
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: Cix 670 low ring voltage - 12/02/15 05:13 PM
Put a buttset on each of the analog ports, and do a '#407'... then go into the VM and kill the Msg Lites for the analog ports - this will stop the relay clicking... (unless, of course, you're actually *using* them)

I don't know if this will fix your ringing issue, but it certainly can't hurt.
Posted By: Tom H Re: Cix 670 low ring voltage - 12/03/15 01:32 AM
That's a good idea. I do need to do some maintenance to the system. I want to remove all unused mailboxes and remove the msg wait capability if it not required. It seems the ring voltage is local on the card I swapped the card and now ring on the 2500 set works must be a bad port...

I was trying to do a backup and it kept failing not a firewall issue is there another way to backup the 670 using networkemanager?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Cix 670 low ring voltage - 12/03/15 09:06 PM
Do you have an SM/SD card in the 670 processor to do the back up?
Posted By: Tom H Re: Cix 670 low ring voltage - 12/18/15 05:34 AM
No I don't think there was a card installed. I thought I might be able to still back it up like a CIX 100
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help