atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: icomm Sip Network Number ID - 02/16/16 08:21 PM
I am having trouble setting up an outbound caller number ID on a sip trunk for specific extensions. My sip provider allows pass through so i can specify Network number even if it is not on the sip providers platform i.e Spoof.
I believe the number may need to exist in the URI table then i specify under the station ID Network Calling Number? Tried a few scenario's but all withheld Number

I have the Number verification setup so i can do CF and SCF

I am currently waiting for a number port and customer wants to present this number from their new office.

Posted By: newtecky Re: Sip Network Number ID - 02/17/16 01:19 AM
You will need a URI entry for each number you want to show, at least as a SUB entry.

Is this an IPEdge or a CIX? With an IPEdge I would open up Webmin and do some Wireshark traps.

I would recommend Wireshark for the CIX as well, but it is harder to setup. In that case I would contact the provider support to see if they can trap the SIP messages.

Just because the provider says that they allow spoofing of caller ID doesn't meant that it is setup correctly. They may also only allow Spoofing of caller ID on the account. Since the port is not finished then maybe the phone number is not usable yet.

Posted By: icomm Re: Sip Network Number ID - 02/17/16 09:32 AM
thankyou for your response.
System is a CIX
I have entered number in the URI table what format would it need to be in the Network number in station id? would it be exactly the same as in the URI.

i am trying to set this up remotely by putting the ext in CF all calls using myphone manager. It seems what ever i do i have number with held.

This is where IP_Edge is great for remote tracing.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Sip Network Number ID - 02/17/16 04:05 PM
If an external call is forwarded to another outside number, typically the caller ID would show either;
A) the caller's Caller ID presented as outgoing caller ID
B) the default caller ID as specified under Trunks - Calling Number.

If you have number verification enabled, then the outgoing caller ID should be the default caller ID

For extension's caller ID on outgoing calls usually I set this under Trunks - Caller ID instead if the Station's Network Calling number
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help