atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ep phone guy configuring a dss2060 - 04/11/16 03:31 PM
hi everyone- I've got a dss2060 that i want to add to our receptionist's station. she currently has a pair of dss2020's attached to her phone that were a breeze to install and configure, however the dss2060 appears to require another wall jack to install it.

could anyone here provide me with a rundown of what i need in order to make this thing work with a users dkt2020?

our phone cabinet is a cix670. I've got a pretty old version of emanager that i use to configure it, i think it's version 4.

any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: configuring a dss2060 - 04/11/16 03:41 PM
The DSS is like another phone (it takes a port)... except instead of programming it in the usual place like a phone, you specify the port number under the DSS tab of the receptionist phone.

Posted By: ep phone guy Re: configuring a dss2060 - 04/11/16 04:02 PM
thanks! follow up q: does that mean i would need to install another pdku if i have no more locations to punch down? or does it share a port on the pdku that the designated phone is connected to?
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: configuring a dss2060 - 04/11/16 06:40 PM
No, it does not share a port, you need a port just like a phone would need one.

So if you don't have any open ports, you'd definitely need to put in another PDKU. I don't recall that it needs to be on the same card, although generally that's how I did it. I'm reasonably sure that you can put it on any card.
Posted By: ep phone guy Re: configuring a dss2060 - 04/11/16 06:53 PM
thanks very much that was just what i needed to get this thing solved!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help