atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Motohead IP Mobility - 04/25/16 05:28 PM
I have a customer using the IP mobility app on I-Phones They are sending a small teem to Mexico for an extended project. My understanding of the app is that it uses celular voice minutes for talk and a little celular data for feature use. Is there a way to force the app to use WIFY data when their in the hotel to avoid international calling charges?
Posted By: Meyery2k Re: IP Mobility - 04/25/16 06:01 PM
The nature of IPMobility is to use the phone (and the minutes) to make a call. This is why there is a DID number in the setup so it can call into the mailbox that sets up the call.

You should take a look at the UCEdge app. This is a true VoIP app and will only use data (cellular or wifi). Licensing and the apporpriate ports in the firewall would need to be open.

If this an IPEdge, then you can set up NAT traversal in the Edge but if this is an App Server with a CIX then your xIPU card will need to be given a static public IP since the RTP packets will not survive NAT traversal.

Since we are a Toshiba dealer with a demo system we have used both successfully. For your Mexico project, I think it would prove to be the best solution.
Posted By: Motohead Re: IP Mobility - 04/25/16 08:05 PM
Thanks for the quick responce
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help