atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CTB Caller ID on DP5032-SD (CIX40) - 04/26/16 06:30 PM
Hi all,

I have DP5032-SD phones connected to a CIX40.

For incoming calls, At lease one phone will display the caller ID while the phone is still ringing. Others will display caller ID only after we pickup the call.

How can I set stations to display CID before picking up the call?...a setting using the telephone itself?...a system/station/trunk setting using Network eManager?

Thank you for any help anyone can provide,

CTB
Posted By: CTB Re: Caller ID on DP5032-SD (CIX40) - 04/26/16 06:32 PM
(woops, I forgot to add this...)

most (if not all) calls are answered by an auto attendant first, then transferred to us.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Caller ID on DP5032-SD (CIX40) - 04/26/16 10:53 PM
On incoming calls not through the Auto Attendant, you will only see caller ID if your phone is ringing.
From the Auto Attendant, you may need to program the extensions for blind transfer. If you use the Stratagy voicemail software then you would enter an H after each extension number.
Posted By: CTB Re: Caller ID on DP5032-SD (CIX40) - 04/28/16 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by newtecky
...From the Auto Attendant, you may need to program the extensions for blind transfer. If you use the Stratagy voicemail software then you would enter an H after each extension number.

Does that mean the Auto Attendant is part of the voicemail system? These settings I need to change are in the VM system?...and not the phone system?

I don't know which VM SW we are using...and I don't know if I can get set up to administer it. Trying to get access/permissions from the powers that be is difficult around here. It seems they would rather pay an outside company to do things we can do in-house for less.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Caller ID on DP5032-SD (CIX40) - 04/28/16 08:54 AM
If it records or plays back voice, then it is part of the voicemail system. More then likely the issue, as you explained it, is becasue the voicemail is doing a Supervised transfer instead of a blind transfer.

Originally Posted by CTB
rying to get access/permissions from the powers that be is difficult around here. It seems they would rather pay an outside company to do things we can do in-house for less.

While I fully support the end users having the ability to manage their own system (my company will setup our own customers with management software), the Toshiba system can be a very complex and confusing system. The blind transfer is just one example. How could you possible know to add an 'H' in the extension field to make the system do a blind transfer.

Based on one of your previous posts, it sounds like you already have eManager on a Laptop. While the installation of the voicemail software is much more straight forward, there is still quite a bit of work to get it connected. It does not work thorough an IP interface.

First you need a serial port on a PC or laptop (I have a USB to serial that works ok), then a DP9 to RJ12 adapter wired to a specific pattern, and then a 6 conductor line cord (which you probably won't find at Office Depot).

You could probably find everything off eBay or online somewhere and maybe even get the software, but I bet this will take some doing. Plus you still need to know how to use the software.

I don't know what your hourly pay is at your company, but I bet the amount of time you would save by bringing in an outside Toshiba dealer to help with the setup and a couple hours of training would easily pay for itself when compared to the amount of lost time it would take you to figure it all out yourself.

Some Toshiba dealers would rather not setup the end user with management software. We all know that this will eventually lead to quite a few calls and email messages asking a "Quick Question", and ultimately call to fix something that just stopped working on it's own, but I am sure you can find a dealer close by that can offer a couple of hours to get you setup.

Otherwise, you can manage the voicemail system to some degree using the administration mailbox through a phone. You can't do quite as much, and it is a bit slower, but you can easily reset user's voicemail box, or their pass code, and even setup the voicemail for blind transfer. Sometimes the TUI is faster then booting up a laptop just to reset a pass code.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help