atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tmeier DID to VM and AA - 05/09/16 05:11 PM
Cix670 IES32, I thought I asked this before and cant find any search results, What is the easiest way to send a DID directly to a certain mailbox.

Also I need to set up an AA for 17 stores Press 1 for north, 2 for south and so on, and with only 10 options in a mailbox im trying to figure out the best way to do it. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
Posted By: RRino Re: DID to VM and AA - 05/09/16 06:03 PM
Point your DID to the vm pilot and then put the specific mailbox as the VMID.

For your AA, you will have to set up a different mailbox for each transfer to each store, then prompt the caller to enter the mailbox number. Example, dial 101 for north, 102 for south, etc.
Posted By: tmeier Re: DID to VM and AA - 05/09/16 06:53 PM
Wow that was easy, thank you! I thought I tried that but apparently not. And I like that way to set up the auto attendant, see if the owner likes it. Thanks again.
Posted By: newtecky Re: DID to VM and AA - 05/10/16 12:58 AM
Although using mailboxes to transfer from the auto attendant will work, it seems to me that 17 menu options is a lot to have the call wait though. Is there a way to combine groups of stores first in a main menu, then have sub menus for each of those groups?

I'm predicting a lot of people pressing 0 to get out of the menus after option # 10 or 11.
Posted By: tmeier Re: DID to VM and AA - 05/16/16 04:17 PM
Thank you, Yes I agree that is a lot, maybe north metro group, south metro and then put the individual store in there. I was trying to avoid a lot of box to box transfers but I think that would be less frustrating on the customers.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help