atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: amccollam Multiple Call Group Error? - 05/18/16 06:19 PM
Hi, hope you guys can help me.

I recently inherited the administration of a Strata CIX system running Network eManager v5.20B12Cx86, and I'm having one issue in particular that I can't seem to resolve.

We have two MCGs set up. One of these properly rings all extensions listed, while the other rings one listed extension, does not ring the other listed extension, and also rings an extension that isn't listed.

Any ideas?
Posted By: RRino Re: Multiple Call Group Error? - 05/18/16 07:44 PM
How are you testing these MCG's, by dialing the pilot number? Or are you trying to ring a number that is supposed to go to the MCG? Whenever I have any problems with an MCG I delete it and reprogram.
Posted By: amccollam Re: Multiple Call Group Error? - 05/18/16 08:12 PM
I am dialing in with my cell phone and pressing the directory number that routes to the specified MCG.

I'll be honest, anything beyond programming buttons on an individual phone is well beyond anything I've done before. I can't seem to find documentation on how to create an MCG and get it properly accounted for with our automated answering system, so I'm kind of at a loss here.
Posted By: RRino Re: Multiple Call Group Error? - 05/19/16 03:57 PM
My guess is that the directory number that you think is routing to the MCG is not programmed to do what you think. Probably time to call in a Toshiba tech to sort things out.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Multiple Call Group Error? - 05/20/16 12:46 AM
Just call the MCG pilot number directly from an internal handset do the correct phones ring as per the MCG immediate/delay1 and delay2 ringing assignments for the MCG members page?

If they do then the group is working correctly and you need to find out what the number you are calling is targeted at.
Posted By: amccollam Re: Multiple Call Group Error? - 05/20/16 01:24 PM
You guys are correct. Pressing 2 in the directory is direct dialing a specific extension, while calling the pilot number for the MCG correctly dials all extensions on the MCG.

Any idea how I can get the directory to dial the MCG instead of the specific extension?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help